Author Topic: 7 Simple Rules For Losing Fat  (Read 13160 times)

Offline DR87

• Posting Member
If you follow these rules 90% of the time I guarantee you will lose weight and if you continue to follow these rules after you've burned off lots of fat you will stay thin. I've noticed a bunch of posts on losing fat and I really think this is the easiest and healthiest way to do it.

1. Eat every 2-3 hours, no matter what. You should eat between 5-8 meals per day.

2. Eat complete (containing all the essential amino acids), lean protein with each meal.

3. Eat fruits and/or vegetables with each food meal.

4. Ensure that your carbohydrate intake comes from fruits and vegetables. Exception: workout and post-workout drinks and meals.

5. Ensure that 25-35% of your energy intake comes from fat, with your fat intake split equally between saturates (e.g. animal fat), monounsaturates (e.g., olive oil), and polyunsaturates (e.g. flax oil, salmon oil).

6. Drink only non-calorie containing beverages, the best choices being water and green tea.

7. Eat mostly whole foods (except workout and post-workout drinks).
http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/7habits.htm

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
#1 is horsescheite. thats mere lore on the boards that goes against what the science shows. every time you eat you raise insulin levels. if you're trying to lose fat, #1 is counter productive. have something small upon waking to get you out of fasting mode; primarily protein/fat (a boiled egg is an example), no carbs. small low carb lunch (salad would be great, bbq, etc), workout, then eat your dinner with vegetables, meats, fats (biggest meal of the day should follow your workout). this creates a big insulin spike right when your body needs it and then to bed. you're body will digest that and repair while you sleep (GH will be spiking) and you wake up the next morning ready to burn more fat. following a routine like this will help sensitize your body to insulin making it easier to lose fat. the 'eat every 2-3 hrs' routine will make you LESS sensitive to insulin and thus harder to lose fat

#3 & #4 fruits contain glucose, lots of it. carbs should come primarily from vegetables (again, sugar raises insulin which is what you're trying to avoid). fruits are natures 'treats', use them post workout or as a dessert

hammer

As a diabetic I have to agree more with the last poster, moobius. As a disabled person that can't work out, run or even go on walks and have had a serious weight gain after going on insulin to control the diabetes I'll tell you what worked for me.

First of all, I was a fit construction worker that was at about 7-10% BF, and I knew this because I was in the Army Reserves and at 225lbs was over weight, so I would qualify for reenlistment by Body Fat Index. They used the pinch test then.

As my health started to fail, in 1994. I found out that I had the diabetes and they thought that I may have had it for 20 years already, even while  I was in the Navy,(active duty before army reserves) but because of my active life style it stayed it in check. (I have a blood disorder that masks diabetes).

A couple years later I needed to go on insulin to get it under control! My doctor told me that I would put 75 to 100 pounds on with use of the insulin! We decided better fat and the diabetes under control! I shot to 330 lbs My highest weight by about 1998.

I tried every diet you can name. The Atkins even got me on TV and I did lose weight, but put it back on.

I have been eating a high fiber diet now for years! Fiber cereal and a banana for breakfast. Yogurt and fiber bar for lunch and what ever we have for supper, but just one helping. If I need a pick-me-up during the day I have either a fiber bar or some home made beef jerky.

2007 I had my first knee replacement and still weighed in at 330 so I started a little fiber in my diet. I liked the way it was working and continued to add fiber. It has been a long road, but I am patient and it is said that if weight is taken off slowly it will stay off!

I weighed in at 270 last Thursday at my last check up. That is 60lbs! I am happy with that, as I was never even was hungry during this time.

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
#1 is horsescheite. thats mere lore on the boards that goes against what the science shows. every time you eat you raise insulin levels. if you're trying to lose fat, #1 is counter productive.

Out of everything I have heard on fitness and nutrition, I agree, this thing about eating every 2-3 hours is the most bullshit thing I have heard and in fact, is damaging so many physiques and people's health. Nobody is going to say, "Don't eat as frequently", or even shock, horror, try intermittent fasting. Because this would be bad for the economy and they can't peddle you their new supplement. It was only used by bodybuilders who want to get really big, because they only way they can get in their enormous calories, is by eating very frequent meals. That doesn't mean we should all be doing that!

Offline centralmedic05

• Posting Member
well gents I tell you what. A similar formula worked for me. Its called advocare. Its becoming quite popular in many circles. My fiancé and I did the Advocare 24 day challenge and I lost 4 inches and 12lbs. I also lost a few more lbs before starting the challenge using the meal plan given by advocate for a total of 17lbs lost in 31 days. And guess what! I kept it off. And I also just had gyne surgery as well. Things are great and I am more then willing to talk/inform/discuss with anyone who wants.

Offline Elton

• Posting Member
Hi Dr,
Great tips to lose fat and like to add some more tips to lose fat.
Eat small meals throughout the day and drink more water than routine and increase protein intake. Add spinach and other greens vegetables more in your meals plans and strength building exercise and anaerobic exercises more.

hammer

Very good advice! I have also heard this is a good thing to do!

Offline Glad2findU

• Bronze Member
I think the initial post was quite accurate and other suggestions complimented it. Firstly, I think you should figure out your calorie intake to maintain your weight. Then eat 300-500 calories less than that. Include exercise to this to burn fat faster. 25-35% of fats as mentioned and between 1 and 1.2 grams(15-20%) of protein per Kg of body weight. Eat complex carbohydrates. These carbs have a low GI. Eating 5-6 meals a day will be bad if you're not counting calories. Divide your calorie intake into 5 or 6 meals and you are sure to lose weight. This as you can see requires work and I've heard body builders complain more about meal planning than training.

Offline xelnaga13

#1 is horsescheite. thats mere lore on the boards that goes against what the science shows. every time you eat you raise insulin levels. if you're trying to lose fat, #1 is counter productive. have something small upon waking to get you out of fasting mode; primarily protein/fat (a boiled egg is an example), no carbs. small low carb lunch (salad would be great, bbq, etc), workout, then eat your dinner with vegetables, meats, fats (biggest meal of the day should follow your workout). this creates a big insulin spike right when your body needs it and then to bed. you're body will digest that and repair while you sleep (GH will be spiking) and you wake up the next morning ready to burn more fat. following a routine like this will help sensitize your body to insulin making it easier to lose fat. the 'eat every 2-3 hrs' routine will make you LESS sensitive to insulin and thus harder to lose fat

#3 & #4 fruits contain glucose, lots of it. carbs should come primarily from vegetables (again, sugar raises insulin which is what you're trying to avoid). fruits are natures 'treats', use them post workout or as a dessert

Don't forget that insulin suppresses HGH release at night. For best HGH release at night its best to stop eating a few hours before bed, or eating a high protien/fat meal with no carbs before bed.

Offline Sam66

• Posting Member
These are good reasons that you shared for losing fat. For losing fat It is good to do exercise daily and eat well and balanced diet food. I will keep these 7 rules in my mind for losing fat.

Offline Make

I like this topic and the information is useful that you people shared. I a impressed with these 7 simple rules for losing fat. Fat is not good for our health so we should burn it. I will keep this information in my mind.

Offline kashra

• Posting Member
Hey..
 you first four tips are awesome.. These are quite effective for quick weight loss..Your first point about splitting meal in many little meals is main and  best
Tacoma  boot camp and personal fitness trainer
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 03:04:22 AM by kashra »

Offline igotum

• Bronze Member
This is my first post since joining a couple of months ago. I weighed 375 in 2008. I could barely walk. Then I decided if I were going to live I must lose a ton of weight. So I began a 1000 to 1200 calorie a day routine. I don't like the word diet. I walked all I could. It began as 1/4 mile a day. As I lost weight the walks at my peak were 3 miles. Now I walk about a mile. I lost to 200# in 2 years. Then in 2011 I started gaining. Now at 240 and going down slowly. I want to get back to 200. I am 67 and retired. If you can't lose weight try writing everything you eat and it's calorie content and add up at the end of the day. It will surprise you.

Offline Edwin

• Posting Member
Informative fat losing tips and like to say, add snacks in your meal plans also, avoid skipping breakfast and do not eat shortly before going to bed. Drink more water than routine and manage stress with regular exercises.

Stones Sharp Accountants
Stones Sharp Accountants
Stones Sharp Accountants
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 06:25:55 AM by Edwin »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Healthy living/eating isn't Rocket Science... Everyone knows what they should and should not consume if they want to maintain a healthy weight. Stay away from the sugars, exercise at least 20 minutes a day. Moderation is the key!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024