Author Topic: Surgery? So many questions...  (Read 2736 times)

Offline josht

I have gynecomastia, but it's not an extreme case.  I have the puffy nipples and substantial fat around my chest.  While they aren't giant or drooping, it's very embarrassing.  They look ALMOST normal when my nipples are hard, but as we all know that is usually not their normal condition.  My dream is to be able to wear a tshirt in public.  The last couple of years I've been reduced to the button up shirts with double breast pockets...you know, like people wear on safaris.  I've been dealing with this condition for the last 15 years and I want it done with.  Luckily, I'll be getting a little bonus at work this year, and at the same time I'll be taking out a loan on my 401k. I was planning on using this money to pay off certain bills, put towards paying off my vehicle, etc, but for the first time in my life I'm at a point where I can financially be able to have the surgery.  My question is, how risky is it?  I think with a little lipo and the gland removal I'll be fine.  I just want a normal damn chest.  I want to go swimming with my son.  I want to wear a tshirt on a hot day.  I don't want to walk hunched over anymore.  I just want freedom.  Thoughts?  Who do I talk to first?  I'm in the Houston area.  How much does the procedure cost? 

DeeDubStyle619

surgery runs roughly from $5000-$6000. It isnt that risky from my understanding, given you are healthy.

DrBermant

I have gynecomastia, but it's not an extreme case.  I have the puffy nipples and substantial fat around my chest.  While they aren't giant or drooping, it's very embarrassing.  They look ALMOST normal when my nipples are hard, but as we all know that is usually not their normal condition.  My dream is to be able to wear a tshirt in public.  The last couple of years I've been reduced to the button up shirts with double breast pockets...you know, like people wear on safaris.  I've been dealing with this condition for the last 15 years and I want it done with.  Luckily, I'll be getting a little bonus at work this year, and at the same time I'll be taking out a loan on my 401k. I was planning on using this money to pay off certain bills, put towards paying off my vehicle, etc, but for the first time in my life I'm at a point where I can financially be able to have the surgery.  My question is, how risky is it?  I think with a little lipo and the gland removal I'll be fine.  I just want a normal damn chest.  I want to go swimming with my son.  I want to wear a tshirt on a hot day.  I don't want to walk hunched over anymore.  I just want freedom.  Thoughts?  Who do I talk to first?  I'm in the Houston area.  How much does the procedure cost? 

There can be a great deal of Emotion Living with Gynecomastia.

Risks of Gynecomastia Surgery can be minimized by picking an experienced surgeon who can demonstrate many before / after surgery examples. Some look for a local surgeon. Others prefer to travel for their surgery. We see many Texas Gynecomastia patients who prefer my techniques. To minimize travel many start out with our Preliminary Remote Discussion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024