Author Topic: No title.  (Read 2226 times)

Offline DeathToMoobs

Hey everyone. I don't know why I'm typing this, but here goes. I've been suffering with gyno for about 5 years now (I'm 18), and it's affected my life in so many ways you wouldn't expect. I had never paid much attention to it, up until 9th grade when some kid (a fat kid) told me to go buy a bra. I kind of just stood there not knowing what to say and it's been ruining my life ever since. I haven't had a girlfriend since then, and I dropped out of school because of this and some other reasons. Mainly this. I don't get out of the house much, and from what I've gathered I have a pretty bad case of social anxiety, which is pretty much social phobia. So naturally, I don't speak much, even around family. I don't know if it's from the gyno or not, but I think it definitely contributes. I only wear black shirts, because I feel they hide everything alot better. I probably haven't worn a white or bright colored shirt in years. I used to even wear sweaters every day, regardless of the outside temperature, but thankfully I'm past that.

My parents are baffled as to why I stay home pretty much everyday and leave the house only about 3 times a week in total. I told my mom about wanting to get surgery done, but I didn't tell her that I feel this is what has caused me to become a social outcast. I felt at this point the embarrassment was already killing me. So she made an appointment with our GP, and hopefully sooner or later I'll be able to consult with a plastic surgeon and finally start living my life. I hate the idea of having my parents pay for this, as I've heard it can cost upwards of 5 grand, but the toll this has taken on my life emotionally, psychologically, socially, and even academically is indescribably abundant.

I'm in the LA area, and am looking at some surgeons including Dr. Kapoor. Does anyone have experience with him? Any surgeons in the area that are recommended? Also, I'm a bit overweight, by about 15 pounds. Will this be a problem when it comes down to the surgery? Will I need to shed off some fat beforehand?

Thanks for reading.

Offline bill1177

• Posting Member
sorry that i only read the first half of this.

dude (edit)-calm  down and embrace it you cant ruin the best years of your life freting about gyno.

if you could post a pic (if you havent already on another thread) that would be nice.

think of the possitives you can find from gyno (look at the acceptance thread.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 11:08:16 PM by bill1177 »
less than 30 days till im 14

DrBermant

Hey everyone. I don't know why I'm typing this, but here goes. I've been suffering with gyno for about 5 years now (I'm 18), and it's affected my life in so many ways you wouldn't expect. I had never paid much attention to it, up until 9th grade when some kid (a fat kid) told me to go buy a bra. I kind of just stood there not knowing what to say and it's been ruining my life ever since. I haven't had a girlfriend since then, and I dropped out of school because of this and some other reasons. Mainly this. I don't get out of the house much, and from what I've gathered I have a pretty bad case of social anxiety, which is pretty much social phobia. So naturally, I don't speak much, even around family. I don't know if it's from the gyno or not, but I think it definitely contributes. I only wear black shirts, because I feel they hide everything alot better. I probably haven't worn a white or bright colored shirt in years. I used to even wear sweaters every day, regardless of the outside temperature, but thankfully I'm past that.

My parents are baffled as to why I stay home pretty much everyday and leave the house only about 3 times a week in total. I told my mom about wanting to get surgery done, but I didn't tell her that I feel this is what has caused me to become a social outcast. I felt at this point the embarrassment was already killing me. So she made an appointment with our GP, and hopefully sooner or later I'll be able to consult with a plastic surgeon and finally start living my life. I hate the idea of having my parents pay for this, as I've heard it can cost upwards of 5 grand, but the toll this has taken on my life emotionally, psychologically, socially, and even academically is indescribably abundant.

I'm in the LA area, and am looking at some surgeons including Dr. Kapoor. Does anyone have experience with him? Any surgeons in the area that are recommended? Also, I'm a bit overweight, by about 15 pounds. Will this be a problem when it comes down to the surgery? Will I need to shed off some fat beforehand?

Thanks for reading.

There can be a great deal of Emotion Living with Gynecomastia. Many have told me that this video and other pages of my site were a good tool to introduce these issues to family and friends who do not understand.

Weight loss is the first place to start for making oneself feel better about one's body. Weight loss is a coarse tool, you cannot pick where the fat goes on, nor where it comes off. Male Body Fat Distribution tends to put fat on first on the belly and chest bands and takes it off those regions last. Early surgery is a bad gamble before weight loss. If you have early surgery, and then lose weight, and if the weight comes off in a male pattern, it may look like the gynecomastia has recurred. That is why as a surgical sculptor I prefer to use a coarse tool first and reserve the plastic surgery for refinement. Of course this does not make as much money as the surgeon advocating early "jump start" surgery who then can offer a revision after weight loss. Such compromise surgery can never make an obese person not look obese. They are still cursed with global fat and breasts, just breasts of a smaller size.

For my patients I recommend that they get to a weight / body fat that they are comfortable with, let the skin compensate as much as it can, then consider surgery. During this weight loss No Surgery Body Shaping Garments are a fantastic tool as a temporizing contour measure that many of patients, even those living in hot environments, use to put off the stress of body contour issues while they stabilize a problem or lose weight.

There is no magic trick to get the weight off. It is usually a combination of dieting, exercise, and hard work. But being patient can produce a better final result.

I work with up to 8 gynecomastia patients a day. Actually I see many California Gynecomastia Patients who prefer my techniques. To minimize travel most start with our Preliminary Remote Discussion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024