Author Topic: my local ps  (Read 2421 times)

Offline skorch

• Posting Member
well today I decided to tell my mom that I want to get surgery. Long story short my mom decided to call a local ps. She was told that the Dr did 8 to10 procedures a day.  Now I'm not sure what procedures she's referring to but that seems like a lot. Is that reasonable?
Im still stuck on getting surgery with delgato even if he's a good 12 hours away.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
8-10 procedure could be 8-10 Botox injections, which take 5 minutes each.

Very few surgeons do 8-10 true operations in any one day -- and if so, I wouldn't want to be the 9th or 10th person being operated on.

Why not ask specifically how many gyne procedures he does in a day or a week?

Best advice:  see Delgado.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline skorch

• Posting Member
thats what im pushing for to to see dr delgato. ive actually already talked to him a bit.  my family is pushing me to atleast meet the local ps because one hes cheaper they quoted around $5400 and my sister got a breast reduction and my aunt has had her breast implants done by him. 

i dont know i could be wrong but i dont see the relation between my surgery and theres.  on top of that i dont know if the difference in money is worth the risk and just get it done right the first time.

i would just get the free consultation by the local ps but its a good month and half away.  I think im going to call tomorrow and clear somethings up and ask some more specific questions.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The fee for a surgeon, while important, should be among the least of your considerations.  What is more important is the breadth of his knowledge and experience in doing a particular operation.  It is really simple:  the more you do, the better you become.

If you visit your local plastic surgeon, inquire about his before and after photo gallery of gyne patients -- and ask how many gyne procedures he does in a week or a month.  Then compare to Delgado or some other gyne expert.

Remember, in gyne surgery (as well as many other procedures), your best opportunity to get a good result is during your first operation.  If things don't heal well, then revision surgery is possible -- but you are always playing catch-up.

Dr Jacobs

Offline skorch

• Posting Member
thats how i see it i want it done right the first time.  for me its a not a matter of cost, to me its worth paying 2500 more to have it done by someone i know has the experience.

so i called my local ps they said they do 2-3 a month.  i asked about there process if they remove gland or lipo or both.  she made it sounds like it just depends.  i kind of felt she wasnt exactly sure or she couldnt say.  when i asked her about price she wouldnt give me a range, she plugged in my age and told me she would figure worst case and she told me around 5,000.  I never got a good answer if that was including lipo.
all in all i felt like she was very general about everything she had to say and most of my questions werent answered.

when i called delgato office it was totally different i felt she knew her stuff knew all the ins and outs and had an answer for every one of my questions.

is 2-3 surgeries a month an okay amount?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024