Author Topic: Gynecomastia and me.  (Read 2874 times)

Offline gee24

• Posting Member
Greetings, 

I am currently 1-week post op and feeling really good of myself. This post is to simply inform those that suffer from gyneocomastia to take the leap and undergo any type of treatment that will help elevate their current condition. At first, I thought that my gynecomastia was due to being at tad-bit overweight. When I began working out and being on a strict diet, I weighted 195 lbs. After three-months, I dropped to 165 lbs and still suffered from this horrific condition. Thereafter, I began doing research, of which lead me to this website. This website opened my eyes, and helped me realize and accept that I suffered from gynecomastia. I went to consult with a plastic surgeon, of which had been awarded and recognized by the community as a skillful plastic surgeon. I spoke with the doctor and had my girlfriend right next to me. He explained what gynecomastia was to us, and informed me that my condition could be corrected with bilateral liposuction. Once he left the room, the person in charged the financing gave me a pricing of $7k-$8k. I was shocked and overwhelmed. Informed her that I had done some research (online) and found out that the average gynecomastia surgery costs around $4,000-$5,500. I then asked that if they had any promotional offers available, since I heard that some surgeons offer those types of amenities. She left the room and said she would come back in a few minutes. She said she was going to consult with the clinic's management. After 7-8 minutes, she came back and informed me that they could do the surgery for $5,500. Once I heard the price, i immediately said yes, and boy am I happy I did. Only 1-week post op and im getting complements that I look much more slim. So I tell all of you that have this to take a risk and invest some money in yourself. I'm 24-years old and boy am I excited! I just can't wait to hit the beach next summer. Feel free to comment of any of you guys have questions, comments, or concerns. 

Offline Emmitsm03

• Bronze Member
Dude.... Took the words outta my mouth. Im 24, didnt realize much about the G, just new something wasnt right. Found this website, hit up a plastic surgeon, and pow 1 month later i had the surgery. Im now 2 weeks post-op, and do i ever feel great. I just cant wait to get this vest off. It sucks wearing it out, the straps on my shoulders kinda show. Im ready to do some swimming!

Offline gee24

• Posting Member
That's great! Heck, now I'm going to learn how to swim, lol... The surgery is an investment in self-confidence, and I hope te guys out there that have "G" take the first step to get rid of it.

DeeDubStyle619

Good post man. I am 22, and wish I started saving earlier. I never heard of the condition before, and thought my nipples were made to be puffy whether I liked it or not. I then found out what G was, and now I am at $3k in savings for this. I think I might save another $1000 and finance the rest, or just save for all of it. I am truly excited that I will have surgery within 6 months or so. Im gonna start getting consultations and prices and what not. I am ready to move on with my life. After surgery, I will never wear a shirt again.

Offline gee24

• Posting Member
DeeDub,

FYI: When your consulting with the surgeon or the personnel in charge of the financing, ask if they have any promotional offers or if they offer any types of discounts. The clinic where I had my bilateral liposuction has multiple clinics across California and I was luckY to have been informed by a neighboring clinic that they usually had promotional offers on certain procedures. When I went to the consultation, they quoted me on $6,800 for the whole ordeal. I told them that I had done some research (here) and thought that the procedure cost anywhere from $4,500-$5,500 on average. And then I proceeded to ask if they had any promotional offers. After a 5-minute wait, she came back and told me that the clinic had a $1,300 discount on G, and priced it at $5,500. Which was exactly how much I had saved up. I'm 3-weeks post surgery now and eager to get back at the gym, but have to wait till the swelling subsides. Feel free to consult with many reputable surgeons and go from there....

Offline alphajc

• Posting Member
Dee to the Dub,

$3000 should be enough to plop down to get surgery...the rest can be financed for 1 year 0% interest either through CareCredit or an introductory credit card, provided your credit is good.  Once the thought gets into your head to get surgery, best to get it done fairly quickly...otherwise it may cause psychological harm over time.

Hopefully you have good board certified PS with lots of Gyne surgery experience in your area.  If you don't, it's best that you travel to California, Virginia or New York to get it done by the Gyne Masters who frequent this board.

Definitely not something you'd want to find the lowest cost provider for. 

mortx15

Im 21 and ill be seeing you on the other side in 9 days. I love reading these success stories, congrats on the op brotha

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024