Author Topic: Surgery or Wait it out?  (Read 2531 times)

Offline Squish33

• Posting Member
I'm 19 and developed gynecomastia around the age of 14. It stopped me from playing sports, shattered my confidence, restricted my outdoor activity and disturbed my posture. In the last year of have lost 30 kg's and naturally the fat layer on my chest has gone down and I am reasonably fit. But a breast layer with small scattered lumps still remains (clearly gyno). I began puberty at a reasonable stage (11ish) but at around the age of 13/14 it slowed down big time and I developed gyno. I have only just began shaving small areas around my face and I still do not feel confident enough to take off my shirt or play sports. I also have my first real girlfriend and we are at the 'sex' stage.... and I'm shitting myself  about taking off my shirt during sex.

Since I started shaving in small areas at 19? Should I just wait a year or so two to see if it dissapears with my awesome delayed puberty (-.-).
Or because I have had to for five years already it looks like it will be persistant gyno in my case and surgery is required?

I may post pictures eventually... any opinions or thoughts?
Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 09:46:37 AM by adrrei »

DrBermant

I'm 19 and developed gynecomastia around the age of 14. It stopped me from playing sports, shattered my confidence, restricted my outdoor activity and disturbed my posture. In the last year of have lost 30 kg's and naturally the fat layer on my chest has gone down and I am reasonably fit. But a breast layer with small scattered lumps still remains (clearly gyno). I began puberty at a reasonable stage (11ish) but at around the age of 13/14 it slowed down big time and I developed gyno. I have only just began shaving small areas around my face and I still do not feel confident enough to take off my shirt or play sports. I also have my first real girlfriend and we are at the 'sex' stage.... and I'm shitting myself  about taking off my shirt during sex.

Since I started shaving in small areas at 19? Should I just wait a year or so two to see if it dissapears with my awesome delayed puberty (-.-).
Or because I have had to for five years already it looks like it will be persistant gyno in my case and surgery is required?

I may post pictures eventually... any opinions or thoughts?
Thanks for reading.

What has not resolved by 2 years, typically does not. Being patient until a problem stabilizes can in some cases make surgery unnecessary. If the chest is still improving and the contour problem is resolving, waiting is frequently the right choice. How Old for Gynecomastia Surgery is not set by age, but what is going on.  Such issues are best explored during a consultation with an experienced gynecomastia surgeon.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024