Author Topic: Surgery in a month  (Read 2238 times)

Offline abdrah

• Posting Member
Surgery's set for Oct 19. Was feeling quite uneasy and met the doctor again after my initial consultation, who answered my questions on concave deformity, drains, scar tissues, regrowth, compression vest etc.

On concave deformity, he was saying that it depends on the surgeon's experience. According to him, during the procedure, the gland is not removed entirely at one go, but in stages, to ensure just enough is removed. Not too little and not too much. It's an art.

Drains. Trouble is, my surgery's on a Tuesday and I have to return to school the following week. He assured me that it would be removed by Friday, subject to the amount of blood I would be draining. He said that most of the time, drains are used to prevent occurences of seromas. But if during the surgery, the incised area seems dry and there's relatively little bleeding, drains may not be used at all.

For scar tissues, massage is recommended.

Regrowth. Chances are, regrowth will not happen as I'm way past puberty and my hormones should have stabilised by now.

Compression vest or "corset" as he refers to it. Not noticeable, so school should be fine, with dark-coloured clothes (all my clothes are dark-coloured!).

This is my first surgery and I'm feeling really nervous! Also, I have not informed my parents yet. I was planning to tell them that I'm going on holiday, while I put up in a local hotel somewhere after surgery. So far, only my sister knows about this.

Offline abdrah

• Posting Member
So my surgery's tomorrow. Seems as though time would not stand still and it just keeps on ticking down to tomorrow. Feeling kinda anxious and fearful cos it's my first ever surgery.

Thoughts running through..

Will it turn out okay?
Will I get concave deformities and it turns out worst?
Excessive scar tissues and scarring.
Will the doctor fail to remove enough tissue?

I think I'd better go to sleep.

Surgery's with Professor Tan KC from Singapore General Hospital.

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
Good luck bud... have fun on the "other side" ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024