Author Topic: 3 months post-op, picture check in  (Read 2183 times)

Offline bozo

• Posting Member
I'm wearing fitting t-shirts and sweaters without hunching my shoulders over, which is 90% of my reason to get the surgery, but I'm still not comfortable to go totally shirtless in public.
The left side is pretty much fine, but there is still faint bruising on the right side.  It doesn't really look like a dark fresh bruise, it's kind of faded, like when you were in primary school, there was always that kid whose legs had dark marks from flea bites and bruises etc.  But not quite so obvious as that.

As for the actual nipples, the left side is OK, the nipple has very slight creasing, but not too bad.  The right side is still kind of strange-looking.  It has a crease on the bottom side of the areola which is fairly deep and hasn't gone away yet.  I'm considering getting revision down the line, but I'll see how it pans out.

The right side still has scar tissue under the skin around the nipple area, which causes it to stand out more than the left side, which has pretty much zero fat around the lower pectoral.  There is some hard scar tissue in the center, near the left side, but not reaching the nipple area.  Both the right side nipple and the center left scar tissue formed in the areas that were swelling and needed the blood/fluid's drained.  They are kind of hard and rubbery to the touch, sort of like "plates" of tissue, but they're pretty flat and don't affect my profile much.  The skin is not as smooth and nice as it was, you can see some undulations under the skin if the lighting is bad and you're looking hard.
Of course I'd rather not have any of these artifacts or scars, but they're not a big consideration to me, and I am mostly happy.  The "plates" seem to be shrinking bit by bit, and they say to give it 6-7 months before really deciding that it needs revision.

In my amateur opinion, they probably wouldn't have formed, had I been given a suitably snug compression garment early on.

Sadly the pictures are crappy camera phone pictures, and there is little or no light, so my skin color looks like a nocturnal maggot or something.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 10:59:26 PM by bozo »

Offline bozo

• Posting Member
Picture 2
This is the bad nipple

Offline bozo

• Posting Member
Picture 3
Here it's possible to see the skin isn't too smooth.

Offline bozo

• Posting Member
Picture 4 (labeled wrongly)
This is basically how it looks most of the time, except my belly is distended(?) because I was at an all-you-can-eat buffet tonight

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024