Author Topic: Surgery November 9th 2010. finally!! (Dr. Ganchi in NJ)  (Read 3426 times)

Offline Dark_order

• Posting Member
Hey Guys,

I've only posted on here once before but I have been following the forum for just over a year now.  When I turned 30 I finally decided I would not start a new decade with gyno, so I think immediately after my birthday I gather some info on doctors in the NJ/NYC area.  I first came upon Dr. Baxt in Paramus.   I liked him, I know some guys here that consulted with him said they felt rushed, he was great with me, but there were a couple of things that I was not comfortable with, one was a question I asked him that resulted in a "dear in the headlights" look. 

After going back and looking for other doctors in NJ (I would have gone to the city as I know their are great doctors there, but there are great doctors everywhere)  I came across Dr. Parham Ganchi.  At this point I just wanted other opinions. 

First off, his staff is very courteous and knowledgeable.  When I finally met the doctor he was very approachable, and knew what he was talking about, I mentioned the fact then when I was younger, my estrogen levels were higher and described how that can absolutely be a factor.  Either way he described his procedure and my case, which he called moderate and was on his way.  The whole encounter was a good 25 minutes.  The gyno sugery is right under 4000.00 not including the anesthesia fee. 

So after being uncomfortable in my own skin for 15 years and being told "ah that's just baby fat it will go away,"  I'm finally getting it done.   I'm nervous but it's more excitement than anything.  Any recommendations on prepping for the surgery?  I have a booklet but I always feel it's good to hear it from someone that has gotten the surgery, or a surgeon. 

Thanks guys,
DO

Offline MrRossZ28

• Posting Member
good luck! had  mine done 16 months ago

mortx15

be sure to let us know how it goes man. my surgery is scheduled for dec. 16th. goodluck!

Offline Endless

• Silver Member

Offline Dark_order

• Posting Member
thanks for the well wishes guys,

Surgery went really well.  I ended up having the surgery on the day off, Tuesday Morning.  I got there an hour early as requested and began filling out final paperwork.  I spoke with Dr. Ganchi right before the surgery where he did all of his markings, etc...

As he left he gave me a valium and that was the beginning of the end, lol.  The anesthesiologist came in and spoke to me and as soon as I knew it we were walking to the OR room.  I spent maybe 3 minutes talking to the girls and the next thing I knew I was waking up, drowsy and sloppy,  asking if I had done a good job, lol.

I have been post-op for four days now, I still feel swollen but I have some lipo done at the same time.  My chest from what I have seen when I took my first shower yesterday looks incredible, much better than I expected.  I thought it would look good but far exceeded what I expected. 

I have some before pictures that I will get from the doctor as well as some after pictures once a good amount of swelling goes down.  Overall I am very happy with how everything went. 

Thanks for the support guys.  I'm going to read posts from guys who has surgery coming up!!!

mortx15

congrats bro,

its posts like yours that put me at ease about my surgery coming up on dec 16th....have fun on the other side

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024