Author Topic: Post Op - Not Satisfied  (Read 2826 times)

Offline nippin

So, I had a "mild" case of gynecomastia after trying out some workout pills, in which case I now NEVER suggest.  I'm not an overweight person at all, about 160, 10% body fat.  I had a bad gland problem that occurred from the use of these pills.  Had the surgery to remove them, and they are gone, so it doesn't hurt anymore.  But now I'm stuck with a look that I'm really not satisfied.  They looked good right after the OP and a few weeks after even.  I don't know if this was just because I was wearing the compression vest, but now..about 6 months+ post OP, I am not satisfied unless It's cold or something.  My ps told me it was just extra skin (which I'd like to know how that happened, because I didnt have "extra skin" before this surgery, or before my problem started) and there isnt anything I can do about it.  I'd like some input..if any doctor is willing to give input, that would be great..I'd like to get this corrected the RIGHT way.
Also, the surgery done was just a gland removal.  I didn't feel as though I needed any kind of lipo and that wasn't the issue and the ps agreed.
Here are before photos:

and after:

Offline clevelandguy1980

• Posting Member
Im not a surgeon, but it looks like he left too much gland behind. Can u feel anything behind or around the nipple that feels like gland?

Offline nippin

No, there's definitely nothing there.  I can raise my arms and actually feel an indention of where the gland used to be.  Nothing is hard there either like when the glands were there. 

Offline burntoast

• Posting Member
I bet if your pecs were bigger it would look perfect. Time to lift more heavy things!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
What appears to be a simple case really isn't simple. 

The problem originally was some excess tissue beneath the nipple.  Merely excising that tissue will flatten the tissue -- but if the surrounding skin remains untouched, then the original stretched skin will have nowhere to go -- so it can still "puff out." 

The treatment should have included treatment of the surrounding skin so that all the skin of the chest can re-drape and tighten.  That is why I perform some type of lipo with almost every case that I do.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline nippin

I talked to my PS multiple times about how I didn't feel it was completely corrected.  First he said he felt some scar tissue, so I was given two sets of injections for that.  I was hopeful that would fix the problem, but it obviously didn't.
The last time I saw him, I asked him about it again...as to whether he thought it was fat or what exactly.  He said there could be a nipple reduction..or skin reduction but it would cause a major probability of an indention deformation, in which case he said was very hard to fix.  The only other option he told me about was pectoral etching....lipo of the entire area to give a more square pectoral look.
Does this sound right?  I definitely don't want to have lipo if I don't have to...much rather run and diet if that's even possible.  It just doesnt seems that would fix the issues.

And to burntoast, yes I'm definitely in the gym.  Hopefully it'll help because I'd really like to avoid another surgery if at all possible, but I want it to look right.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024