Author Topic: Hopeful's question for Dr. Pope  (Read 1835 times)

Offline zbstats

• Posting Member
Dr. Pope,

I am a 19 year old living in Melbourne, Fl. It came as a great surprise that such a knowledgeable and respected surgeon operates so close to my home. I have had gynecomastia since the beginning of puberty and unfortunately it has only gotten worse. I am skinny and somewhat muscular yet my breasts (largest concern is nipples) are noticeably abnormal for a male. Like the others with this condition it has been a constant social and self confidence issue. I hate looking at my own chest let alone when others see it. I have come to the point in my life where I feel the NEED to get rid of it.

My problem lies here. I am currently in the delayed entry program for the Navy. I leave for boot camp in May so my time is sort of limited. I think my ship date can be pushed back a little while, but I am hoping that's not necessary. My question is, How long would the waiting period be to have surgery if I came in ASAP? I know these things can take a long time but I am hopeful. I do not want to have to live with this throughout my career in the military. I know I should have acted sooner, but I have only recently had the courage to talk to my parents about the option.

Your response or anyone else's with knowledge on the topic is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Zach

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Zach
I would be happy to see you in consultation.  Feel free to call my office at 407-857-6261. My office can get you in within a week or two, and we can probably do your surgery in early Feb., maybe even late January. 

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024