Author Topic: Surgery scheduled for this Friday! :D (1/7/11)  (Read 2756 times)

Offline theFlash

• Posting Member
Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster. After years of suffering I am finally getting surgery! it is scheduled for this Friday at 7:30 am in the morning. Needless to say I am both excited and nervous.  :)

I have yet to process that this...thing will finally be gone. I don't think it will fully hit me until after the surgery and I am wearing a tight shirt.

I have read most of the other threads here and all of my questions have pretty much been answered. I am just posting this because I wanted to share this milestone in my life with you all. Even though I never posted before, this place has always been a great resource to me. Most people do not know what Gynocomastia is, nor do they know of our daily ongoing battle with this deformity.

I found this website during the summer of about 2-3 years back. During a time when most of my friends were throwing off their shirts and jumping into the pool. With my man boobs I felt unbelievably abnormal, hopeless, and alone. I remember stumbling across this site at that point and the feeling of "I'm not ALONE!?" was priceless. What followed was years of not wearing anything tight, avoiding all situations that would require the shirt off, and being extremely awkward during foreplay with gfs. Hopefully all that will end after this Friday.

I just wanted to thank everyone who's a part of this great community. I will update and keep you all posted as the days go by!  ;D words of encouragement welcome. Especially since some of the "unsatisfied after surgery" stories have got me somewhat scared.

-Dave

Offline JamesDawson

• Bronze Member
Congrats on the surgery, hope it all goes well.

Very few people know about gyno so it is great to have a site like this for everyone to share stories. As for being nervous about "unsatisfied after surgery" just wait 4-6 months+ before you come to a conclusion, your body takes time to heal and a few months can make a huge change.

mortx15

hey man goodluck with your surgery. And dont worry about those unsatisfied stories, i did and my surgery turned out great. Ill be 3 weeks post op on wednesday and i been wearing nothing but tight t-shirts for the past week and a half. ive never been happier...although my moms kinda pissed that all i wear is t shirts nowadays.....

again, goodluck and dont worry too much about it

Offline rxnman

• Posting Member
Thanks guys  ;D

Its 5:00 am here, surgery in 2.5 hours! I'm heading to the hospital in about 15 minutes.

See ya on the other side.

Offline Fatboyslim

• Bronze Member
    • Running For My Existence
By the time you read this you will be on the "other side" so congratulations! I have no doubt that you kept repeating "it's finally over" while in recovery like I did.  ;D

Just as JamesDawson said, don't expect everything to be perfect in one week but give it 4-6 months. That said, I'm 7 weeks out of surgery today and I can't believe the difference. I still have the (now unnecessary) lifelong fear of wearing "clingy" tops but yesterday I bought a tight fitting cashmere sweater and couldn't believe I looked normal in it! It's an incredible feeling and I highly encourage anyone considering the surgery to ignore the "unsatisfied after surgery" posts and look at the overwhelming positive ones.

BTW, as you probably already know from reading, the next 2-4 days will be uncomfortable but just focus past them for a lifetime of happiness. It helped me get through it.   

Offline theFlash

• Posting Member
Oh my God its over.

Slim, you are on point with the "its finally over" comment. I am walking around in my room (just got home...have Vicodin in my system, feel pretty good) and keep muttering its finally over. I am not the emotional type, but everytime I catch my reflection in the mirror and see the flatness, I get the urge to cry like a little girl from happiness. Oh and Thanks for your advice. I have 4 days until I have to go back to class and such, so I'm glad to hear it takes that long on avg to get over the initial discomfort.  :)

I posted my surgery experience in the other thread, so give that a read over if you have time guys :D

Offline thezombie

• Bronze Member
Well done bro.
Hope u heal well and just repeating..its finally over.:)
Take it eazy for next coupla weeks and u shud b soon on the road to recovery.
cheers bud
====================================================================
My Before and After :
https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21866.msg148419#msg148419
====================================================================

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024