Author Topic: Washington, DC area surgeons (aside from Dr. Bermant)  (Read 2015 times)

Offline MJM.007

Hello everyone, I've been on this site periodically over past 3 years. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with surgeons in the Washington, DC area aside from Dr. Bermant? I understand that he is good and a main contributor to this website but I want to also speak to 2-3 surgeons before making a final decision.

I've gone through the list of top plastic surgeons in the area and on many websites they list gynecomastia surgery as being offered and some show 3-4 before and after pics. Often these top plastic surgeons charge a $75 - $125 consultation fee as well. I suspect most of these PS's have peformed these maybe less than 50 times. Is that enough to be considered a 'good' gynecomastia surgeon?

I've spend quite a bit of time looking through these message boards but haven't read about any other DC area surgeons (aside from Dr. Bermant) who perform this procedure frequently? Anyone have any experiences to share?

Thanks!

Offline MJM.007

Nobody here in the DC area had surgery or consultations with any plastic surgeons besides dr. bermant?

I feel like there has to be at least a couple in this area that are skilled enough in gynecomastia surgery to be reputable. All of the area "top surgeons" state they perform this surgery on their websites and even show a few before and after pics. When calling and inquiring about the frequency of this, every PS office says 'YES', the doctor peforms many gynecomastia surgeries on men anywhere from teenagers to men in their 50s.

I'm skeptical about this as I feel like the majority of the plastic surgeons are "reputable' doing face lifts and tummy tucks and not necessarily alot of gynecomastia surgery.

I'm really struggling to find the right surgeon (who isn't just after the $$$) to peform this on me. Too many horror stories and I want it done right the FIRST time. Are the outcomes typically VERY good and I'm just over analyzing this entire thing??

Offline desi

• Gold Member
i went ot Dr. Saeed Marefat in Arlington.

you can google his name....

Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024