Author Topic: .  (Read 2238 times)

Offline juneek

« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 02:11:52 AM by juneek »

Offline snugglebandit

• Posting Member
It looks to me like you have it...a very mild case though. If you lost like 20 pounds or so you would know for sure if there is anything there. Gland feels hard, definitely not as hard as a marble but much harder than fat. I would say that if you have anything harder than what normal fat feels like you probably have a bit of gland.

How long have you had this?

Offline juneek

think ive had it since 14-15yrs old iirc

im in the process of losing about 15lbs right now, hopefully by the end of april, so i guess ill see then  ;D

anyone else?

Offline waves

• Silver Member
If you have it, it is very slight.  I'd say you should keep up with the cardio and weight lifting and see where that gets you.  It can take a good amount of time to see definitive results if you've had a long history of being overweight.  At 148 pounds I don't think you have a lot more to lose though...you're at a healthy BMI.  But the cardio and weight lifting will help shape your body.  1 or 2 months of that is too little to see what ultimate changes your body will end up with.

Good luck!

Offline juneek

I dont really like use BMI.  IMO its not a very good standard.  I might be a in a suitable BMI, but BF% is still high IMO.  thats why im trying to get down to 60kg-ish.  which i assume will put me in the low teens for bf%, then bulk back up clean

Offline Rojan

You are walking a define line between gynecomastia [(real) Only Surgery will repair the problem] and pseudo gynecomastia [(fake) only fat deposits that can disappear with exercise/ cardio - No surgery] I will strongly recommend to have them check out by a General Physician and or a Endocrinologist if not a Plastic Surgeon with vast experience in gynecomastia (don't make the mistake that I did, take your time) to completely get out of doubts and have a peace of mind.

I had my gynecomastia surgery done a month a go for the record :)
Experience!!!

Offline shaker

• Silver Member
Seems to me mild case of maybe pseudo  gyne. its not bad and i dont think you will get heads turning your way to look at your chest most will see it as normal looking. Like others said try some weights and build some muscle do inclined bench press as i been reading to help upper chest muscle to develop, maybe it will look better few months from now. Surgery should be only done as last resort if things do not work out.

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
Nah, that doesn't look like gyne to me. Keep working out and you'll be happier with your body by summer!

Offline Monkeymonk2011

• Posting Member
Think looks pretty normal to me mate, but I understand the feeling of being concerned about your own appearance. Guess the real question is how much it affects you? Does it make you down? Do you avoid taking your top of in front of people? Does it affect the clothes you wear, decision when buying clothes? If you can tick these and it affects your well being, then do see a surgeon about it. But bear in mind perfection is only made in your own mind, to the average Joe they wouldn't look twice at this. Everyone told me mine were perfectly normal but i was insistant on getting mine removed, but even after i still feel there could be more done. Weigh up how much its affecting you, carry on working out and come to a conclusion. Word of advice definitely research, research and finally research your surgeon first!

all the best

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024