Author Topic: Thoughts  (Read 3675 times)

Offline hitchcock

• Bronze Member
I blurred out the picture but I really don't care who sees me. I've taken anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medicine for 12 years, and my dermatologist found a light beige mark on my forehead most always seen in women. I really would like to get my blood work done so as to see my estrogen levels. While most pics don't really show me with moobs, this underneath shot does the trick. I am skinny - about 154-156 pounds and 5-10 to 5-11 with approx a 37 inch chest without doing any bench press work.

I can post another pic or two if that'll help.

Offline Endless

• Silver Member
hi man, i cant see the pic..

do u think the anti-dep and anti-anx meds caused the gyne? or is it due to the gyne u take em

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
My thoughts are:

1.  You don't appear skinny. 
2.  You have gynecomastia and you need to have surgery to correct it.
3.  You need to consult a board certified plastic surgeon, preferably one who specializes in correctly gynecomastia. 

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
I agree with the guy above. You are not skinny man though i don't suggest you to look like a stick. That could affect you're health bro.

Offline hitchcock

• Bronze Member
Totally understandable and at least I have some feedback on the other side of the coin. To answer the above poster, it is my opinion the anti-depressants caused this, not the other way around. Here are more pics.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 11:54:38 AM by hitchcock »

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
Hmm....I think there may be something on going on with your chest besides having gyne. It sinks in your sternum..anyone elses thoughts?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
These are not great photos.

However, two things are apparent.  First, you do have some excess tissue on your chest.  Second, the sternum is depressed (technically called pectus excavatum).  This condition is not uncommon -- and its presence actually makes the gyne appear worse.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

Hmm....I think there may be something on going on with your chest besides having gyne. It sinks in your sternum..anyone elses thoughts?

Non standard pictures with bizarre lighting can be difficult to interpret and understand what is going on. That is why I developed a standard gynecomastia picture format and method. With that set it is easy to tell if there is an additional component of chest defect like a pectus excavatum deformity which is a dip in the sternum and rib contour.

Beyond that height, weight and body fat percentage can define global fat contour issues.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.

Offline hitchcock

• Bronze Member
First of all, thanks for the responses. The chest defect runs in my family. My dad has it, and one of my cousins, too. A doctor told me that I had it years ago. However, the chest is what's bothering me.

How should I proceed? Also, would better pictures help? I am 5-10 to 5-11, approx 156 lbs

@Dr. Jacobs - where do u see most of the fatty tissue, and would you say I have gyne?

I plan on working out all the time but avoiding chest exercise, maybe incline dumbell press and burpees. Not sure. Just want to do what it takes to change the way my chest looks, whether it's exercise, diet or last case - surgery.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
We need a series of better pictures -- preferably taken by another person.  It should include front, side and 3/4 views.  Also include front and side views while you are leaning over at the waist.  That will help.  But please understand, nothing will take the place of a face-to-face consultation and physical exam.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs

Offline hitchcock

• Bronze Member
Thanks for your response, Dr. Jacobs.

Hadn't thought of my PE - actually totally forgot about it. Just another thing to worry about it.  :) I wonder how that changes a potential procedure.

Also, I'll try to post better pictures down the road. I need to schedule an appointment with my family doctor and go from there. Surgery has to be the last option for me because I need to work on other problems/issues first. I have some savings in the bank just in case.

What bothers me is the picture I posted makes me look fat - pot belly and moobs, yet I don't drink alcohol, smoke anything, drink soda, eat fast food, no longer take sugar in my coffee, etc. It just stinks.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Photos can be deceptive -- especially casual ones.  Haven't you ever seen a candid photo of your face and felt it did not reflect the real you?  Same for body photos -- that is why we usually request a standard group of photos for proper evaluation.

As for the PE -- it bears no effect on any treatment for gyne.  There is MAJOR surgical treatment available for PE -- but that is for significant deformity that affects lung function.

As for your gyne -- best to exercise, lose weight and get to a comfortable and stable weight.  If the gyne is still present, then you have a choice of living with it (perhaps using body shaping garments when appropriate) or considering surgery.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024