Author Topic: Please have a look on situation  (Read 2322 times)

Offline jptskj

• Posting Member
My doctors profile:

MBBS, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal,

MS, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore

Mch, Kilpauk Medical College, Madras

Fellowships / Memberships / Work Experiences
* Fellowship in Cosmetic Surgery at Plastic surgery Associations ,Miami, USA
* Fellowship in Cosmetic Surgery at Assistance Publique, Paris, France
* Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences - MNAMS * Training in Cosmetic Surgery at Krankenanstalten, Koln and Munich, West Germany
* Training in Body Contouring Surgery at France, Paris
* Training in Burn Surgery, Burn Unit, Cook County Hospital,Chicago,1989
* Training in Cosmetic surgery in USA

Should I proceed

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Some of the "fellowships" may have been weekend courses, but certainly, your surgeon is oriented toward cosmetic surgery, which can be meaningful if he is also a good technician. He at least understands the goals of a cosmetic surgery patient, something that may be lacking in many non-cosmetically oriented "reconstructive" plastic surgeons (especially outside of the US). 

The credentials look fine.  Have you seen pre- and post-operative photos of his patients?  Are you able to speak with any of his patients?  Have you gotten reputation information from those who know him? From nurses at the hospital?  All of that can be useful information.

RS
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline jptskj

• Posting Member
Dear sir,
I came to know about the doctor from gynecomastia.org.
I have seen some of pre and post operative pictures in his site. They looked satisfactory. I have contacted doctor by phone but I have not met him yet. I have seen a post regarding surgery experience by a member of gynecomastia.org and the result seemed good. The Dr. has his own site ramcosmetic.com and he has been working in Apollo hospital chennai; practising since 25 yrs.
since, i am from nepal i  am not able to talk with any of the nurses. If i would even try to contact them by phone then why would they tell me the truth. i am just trying to seek better surgery then in Nepal. The doctor told me that he has performed 300-400 surgeries.

what should i do?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It sounds like you're doing your homework, and from what you've described, he seems like a good choice. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024