Author Topic: Did Lipo Only, Need your opinion - Pictures  (Read 4118 times)

Offline HSH

Hello Everybody;

I had a surgery on November 2010 with a surgeon that is recommended by a lot of people here, he did lipo only for me and told me after surgery that I needed only Lipo, and he thinks that I will be happy with the result. Now I'm more than six month post op and the results as you can see in the pictures. For the left side, It looks bigger than the right one and what I think, I still have some fats or tissue on the upper inner part of the left side. when I saw my surgeon a month and half post op, it was really showing that the right side is bigger and he said at that time that he will be there for me if I need a revision and I could need some more lipo, 4 month post op I saw him again and he said that it looks perfect for him and he doesn't think that I need a revision. Now I'm over six month post op and I'm posting the pictures and I need your opinions, I'm going to see my surgeon again after 10 days and I'm planing to speak with him again, what do you guys think? please feel free to ask any questions if you need to.

Thanks much...

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 09:36:25 PM by HSH »

DrBermant

Hello Everybody;

I had a surgery on November 2010 with a surgeon that is recommended by a lot of people here, he did lipo only for me and told me after surgery that he i needed only Lipo, and I he think that I will be happy with the result. Now I'm more than six month post op and the results as you can see in the pictures. For the left side, It looks bigger than the right one and what I think, I still have some fats or tissue on the upper inner part of the left side. when I saw my surgeon a month and half post op, it was really shows that the right side is bigger and he said at that time that he will be there for me if I need a revision and I could need some more lipo, 4 month post op I saw him again and he said that it looks perfect for him and he doesn't think that I need a revision. Now I'm over six month post op and I'm posting the pictures and I need your opinions, I'm going to see my surgeon again after 10 days and I'm planing to speak with him again, what do you guys think? please feel free to ask any questions if you need to.

Thanks much...

Nonstandard images are really difficult to analyze. I developed my Standard Pictures For Revision Gynecomastia Surgery to better understand problems I was working on and results I was achieving. I do care how tissues look when we live our lives, playing sports, and other activities with our shirts off. Standing upright with arms at our sides with relaxed muscles is hard to maintain while doing activities. Yet many surgeons only include a front view, side and or oblique view as their demonstration of what they offer. When you do not look, the results in the other views may be good, fair, or terrible. I put on my web site one such example where the still views looked OK, until you started looking at the flexing photos. If you really want to get upset, look at the videos documentation to see what an extended crater defect can look like. Taking a crater and removing further fat from the crater wall results in that type of deformity. I had seen that patient after his first surgery with craters that were fixable. I did not operate since his problem was not stable and he needed Endocrinology stabilization first. The next surgeon left the deformity shown on that resource. Do not look at an aspect of the chest, like how it moves, and you may or may not be getting a result you like.

The flexing views are great for evaluation of skin deeper tissue interaction, remaining gland, scars, and many other issues, but not loose skin. For that I evolved the Male Mastopexy Standard Pictures that use gravity to pull the excess skin away from the chest in a relatively constant fashion. Loose skin then deals with compromises of scar with skin removal. That is another issue, but also something best seen with good documentation and videos are the most critical.

Some patients exhibit combinations of deformity. Are the contour issues loose skin, crater defects, adhesion, or just artifacts of the way the images were taken?  Otherwise you are dependent on the in office examination and evaluation. But if the surgeon is already saying the results are good, you will need to do a better job of demonstrating the current contour to truly be able to understand if that is so. The next question then becomes what does that doctor demonstrate for his or her revision skills?  What do the before and after surgery photos look like? Are there a complete set of documentation or are there again only one or 2 views?

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.

Offline zado611

• Bronze Member
Dude ppl like me with HUGE JUGS would kill for that chest.. i know you have your emotional pain and i dont mean to minimize the seriousness.. but it could be alot worse.. just think about actually having woman-like breast that are HUGE.. no way to hide it.. you're blessed

Offline HSH

Thank you Dr. Bermant for replaying, I appreciate it. and the reason that I posted here is to get the members opinions before seeing my surgeon even for the standard pictures the left side looks bigger besides the deformity on the right one, I saw my surgeon twice once a month post op and second time 4 month post op, on the first time it was really showing that the left is bigger and I feel like there's excess tissue in front of the muscle on the upper inner part, and he said at that time, I might need revision surgery which he is offering for free and it was a part of the deal. on the second time, he said it looks fine for him! my point of posting here is that I'm going to see him again after 10 days and I'm quite sure that he will change his mind after seeing the final results but I would like to hear other opinions as well!

Offline HSH

zado611 - I do understand your point but I wasn't so bad to begin with! and when you pick up your surgeon, trust him and spend that HUGE amount of money and efforts, you expect at lest a fair result!! Not to end up still staying on the dark side and you still can't take your shirt off!! why did I do all of that then?!!

Offline HSH

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
HSH- check your PM's.

About your surgery, hard to even say if you need a revision based on the photos and without seeing the before photos.
Good luck whatever you decide doing.
Hope to talk to you soon.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024