Author Topic: Severe man boobs?  (Read 2524 times)

Offline pancakes

• Posting Member
I am currently 18 years old, 6'7 and have been suffering from moobs my entire life. I'm a pretty big guy so I don't consider myself to be obese, but "over-fat". My moobs are pretty large so I have been wearing some sort of a garment to hide my moobs. I have already joined a gym since last month and I feel that my belly is getting flatter, but my moobs are the same so they actually look larger? I do a combination of cardio and weightlifting. I actually feel hardened tissue when I press my moobs, not fat.

What can be done? Is surgery the only option?

Offline looseSHIRT

• Silver Member
Looks like you have gyne.. but before you do surgery.. better lose some fats first.. it will really help on the outcome.. Goodluck mate!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Pancakes, you are obese -- not over-fat.  That is simply denial, pure and simple.

You would definitely NOT be a surgical candidate.  You must lose weight -- a lot of weight -- before you might be a candidate.  This can be done only with a "take charge of my life" change in lifestyle -- and the weight loss may take a year or more to accomplish.  But it is definitely worth it.  You will be healthier.  And then, surgery could do a really terrific job of trimming your body (both chest, abdomen, etc).

In the meantime, you can help your self-image by wearing some snug body compression garments so that you are not embarrassed at the gym.

Best of luck!!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024