Author Topic: presurgical testing  (Read 2000 times)

Offline hatingdaboobs

• Posting Member
Hi first I want to thank the doctors for taking the time to read our questions and help us with our concerns. I am planning on getting surgery with Dr Jacobs and will  be traveling for the operation. What presurgical testing will I need to have done. Also living with gyne since purberty and blessed with mostly good health , I have only been to a doctor 3 times in 20 years I'm 32 now. Should I find a local doctor to get on their patient list in case of any problems afterwards. I'm 5'7 155 pounds and I want get a little leaner before I set everything up. Here is the crazy part, i'm not scared of the surgery ,I don't mind spending the money,I don't mind the traveling, I'm even preparing to quit my job if I have to,  but I'm a little nervous about driving into Manhattan NY. I've drove in big citys but nothing like NY.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
If you're having surgery with Dr. Jacobs, undoubtedly, his office will let you know what testing is required before the surgery.  I don't require any laboratory testing, x-rays or cardiac studies in a healthy 32-year-old male.  He may ask that you have your primary care doctor do a physical exam, though in my practice, I meet the young, healthy, out-of-town patient the day before surgery, and I take care of that myself. Each of us may have different requirements depending on our outpatient surgical facility's requirements. 

Good luck,

Rick Silverman

By the way, If you're uncomfortable driving into Manhattan, you might leave your car outside of the city and take the train into town.  You'll save money on parking, which can be $50 a day or more, and you'll leave your anxiety in Connecticut or New Jersey.

Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline hatingdaboobs

• Posting Member
Dr. Silverman thankyou for the information both medical and logistical. I checked out your website and I am very impressed with your work.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Dr. Silverman is correct.  My office will send you a list of blood and urine tests to be done by your local physician or laboratory.

As for driving in New York -- yes it can be intimidating.  Dr. Silverman's suggestion of parking outside Manhattan and taking mass transportation  might be helpful.  On the other hand, I drive in Manhattan every day.  The secret is to have patience, take deep breaths, and drive offensively  ;)

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024