Author Topic: Gyne or fat?  (Read 5302 times)

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
I really always remember looking like this. I always thought it was from having higher then average bodyfat and was just fat on my chest. It isn't tender and I don't feel a disk? Though I am not really sure what I am looking for.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a182/Slyblackdragon/July%205%202005/

I originally posted these on a bodybuilding and weightlifting site as beggining photos for my return to weightlifting and fitness after a 10 month layoff due to injury. I never took notice of my chest as I thought it would go away if I dropped bodyfat untill many members of the board brought up the fact that they thought I had gyno...

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
It is gyne  :(  For me, it's clear ! You do have puffy nipples. There may be some fat in there but it does not explain everything. :-/ On picture 066, it is obvious. If I were you, I would go and see an endo to make a blood test first and you'll see what he says. Good luck !

Offline makesmesad

• Posting Member
Yeah..your not fat at all, damn id kill for a body like That. just got my gyne cleared up, the puffy nipples kinda whisper 'gyne' with the size of them (but there are far worse cases too =) )

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
we need to see a picture of your chest to tell.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Here are a few update pictures of me. It has shrunken considerably but still not gone. I was hoping that if I got my bodyfat low enough it would go away. I really would like to get this cleared up though. Do you guys have an average on the cost of such treatment? Mine doesn't seem especially bad, so I was hoping it would somehow be cheaper. http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/Slyblackdragon/June%206%202007/

Offline sunsetbassist

• Posting Member
i wouldn't worry about it man. Surgeons usually have one set price, not really depending on the severity of the case. I really don't think its worth surgery.

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
Considering the first pictures you posted before and those you have posted today, I can see a change. It is not as developed as before indeed. The profile picture shows is better than the others. On this latter, gyne seems to be more developed on the left part of your chest. Or is it the photo which makes it look like as such ?
Anyway, big change between the two periods, that's for sure

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Well, if I do like a "pinch test" so to speak, there is a little more on the right side than the left.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
good work man you look heaps better, your nipples are a little on the large side and im guessing there is a small amount of gland there. if it bothers you then you need to weigh the chances of improvement with surgery. it seems somewhat inappropriate to use the word gynecomastia for what you have. your chest certainly isn't "woman like" by any measure however the same surgery would be required to correct your nipples.

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
If it bothers you, than get the surgery.

I dont neccessarily agree with rob900's "everyone is beautiful post, but Im not in the mood to debate anything.

All Im gonna say is that there is no "world's" definition of gynecomastia which is different from this boards.  Yes, the term means female like breasts.  To many, including rob900, this would not include enlarged gland tissue and adipose tissue around the nipples even at very low bodyfat percentages.  Im sure an equal amount of people, including myself, consider it gyn.  There is no right and wrong, only what you want to do.  You will get many opinions that differ.  Most of the people that say, "oh, i would kill for your body" have probably always been out of shape, and have never weight trained and taken their physique to a very fit level.  Other people who are hardcore bodybuilders would consider you to be "smooth, and out of shape".  it is what YOU want.

Now my opinion about your situations:

It is similar to mine.  I have a bit of gyn that would still noticable at BF levels of aroudn 7%, but it wasnt bad at all.  The fact that I worked so hard in the gym and with my diet made it discouraging when I achieved very low levels of body fat, and still had fat and gland visible around my nipple.  I tried a lot of things to try to get rid of the gyn including topical fat burners, inti estrogens, AI's, etc and while some of those things improved it, nothing totally cleared it up.  So I decided to get the surgery.  Im currently 4 weeks post op, and I can say that I am happy that I made that decision.  Some of the best money that I ever spend.  I am more motivated in the gym, more confident, and general just happier with myself - NOT because anyone else thinks I look good, or have a better body, but because I do.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Appreciate the posts guys. I appreciate the praise about the work I have done. That is part of the problem, if it is gyne no matter how low my bodyfat gets I will never lose it. I have seen peoples before and after pictures (in terms of weight loss/etc.) where they had normal non-puffy nipples and just carried some extra fat. Since mine doesn't look like this I am assuming it isn't chest fat. I am not wanting to get it cleared up for anyone but myself since I have a wonderful girlfriend who thinks I am crazy for even being self conscious about it. I think I am just going to have to make an appointment and get checked by a doctor and discuss the possible outcome of surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024