Author Topic: My depression due to gynecomastia  (Read 10286 times)

Offline gyne_22

• Posting Member
I have had man boobs for the the rest of my life. I am 22 years old, weight about 206 pounds and my height is 5’5. Suffering with gynecomastia has turned my life into a complete downfall and  has put me into a position where I don’t feel like living anymore. I know what I am saying is wrong but the reason why I am making this post is because I would really appreciate it if you guys would give me  a re-encouraging  response. In high school, I weighed about 280 pounds. I never really cared about my moobs. Even when my friends would pinch me, I never really cared because I know they were just joking around. After high school, I was a complete party person. Hung out with a lot of friends, was very social and my man boobs never really bothered me, I just knew I was really fat. Now that I am in College, I got serious with my diet, ran 3 miles every other day and went to the gym 5 times a week. It took me about a year and a half to get where I’m at. So now that I am 206 pounds, I have really big man boobs. Having man boobs is so frustrating. There are so many thing I have to do to prevent it from showing. Like I would buy an under armour to hide it and when I would go running, I would use a waist trimmer around my chest. My life sucks. I’m getting tired of using the under armour especially when I go out. Also, they would get loose and would have to buy another one and those things are not cheap. Anyway, one of the most depressing thing about gynecomastia is the fact that I can never be in a relationship. All my friends are dating and getting into a somewhat relationship with one another. But I was never jealous of them. The real depressing thing is that I really liked this person for almost a year and in the beginning of that year I was 235 pounds. when I was losing more weight, I feel like that person lost attraction because of my man boobs. Then after, I feel like that person didn’t want to be my friend because he was embarrassed of me. This person used to devour my company but not anymore. Now were not friends. I honestly feel like an embarrassment to the whole world. I am heartbroken and nobody knows the pain I have inside me. My man boobs has ruined my self conscious and has put me into a low self esteem. Before, I was never like this. I used to be the person who would make people feel better if they were going through some hardship. I was always helping one another and always boosting one’s self esteem. Now, I am the one who needs help. I’m too embarrassed to talk to my friends about my problems. There are many days where I told myself to stop complaining and do something about it I. did a lot of pectoral workouts. I also looked online to look for a gyne surgeon. So I found one in La Jolla, San Diego and this surgeon only did fat removal. The price wasn’t too expensive. So when I did the free consultation, I felt like the doctor wasn’t very helpful and didn’t want to work with my chest. He told me to just lose more weight. He didn’t encourage me in in anyway to work with my man boobs. So then I looked for another surgeon in San Diego and this surgeon was very helpful. But he recommended me to look for a surgeon who will do incisions due to the saggy skin. It motivated me to lose more weight. But now my man boobs were getting bigger for some reason. Also, I never have the mood to go to school due to the fact that I feel like everyone is staring me down. I avoided all my friends phone calls because im too ashamed to hang out. I have the greatest friends ever and im pushing them away. I just don’t want to deal with someone looking at me. What is also stressful is that I know my family is not going to be able pay for my surgery especially of the fact I have to do incisions. The stress I go through day by day is getting worse and its leading me to a great depression. I  am no longer a happy person.  I sleep and wake up feeling sad  because of my man boobs. Sometimes I wish I was no longer living so I didn’t have to see my man boobs anymore. Yes, you could say im suicidal but I don’t want to be. I know there is so much more to life out there and I have a really big family who loves me. I don’t want to disappoint them. I am just so tired of being frustrated that i cant go out, go to school, or to do anything. I feel like death is the only way out. My life is a complete depression and I also feel like im going crazy. :'( Hopefully this post will help me in some way. There are more things I can say but these are the major things I am going through. Thank you for taking your time to read my story and I hope your helping words will boost up my self esteem.

Offline stonejode

• Posting Member
I can't say that I've walked in your shoes but I've certainly walked in the same area. Recently I got prescribed Prozac and it has helped me tremendously. I dropped 24 pounds in a month and have tons of confidence. I lived with it for 23 years (got them at 12) and now at 35 I finally have surgery scheduled for Tomorrow!!! See a counselor, be honest and finance the surgery. Seriously I would be in debt before living with this condition for another month. Shoot me an email at cgrdrjoe@gmail.com if you want advice on this, I may not reply till Sunday or when the drugs/pain wear off but I'll get back to you.

Offline gyne_22

• Posting Member
WOW good luck with your surgery! Thanks for the advice. Keep us posted with pictures :)

Offline canadianmoobs123

• Bronze Member
We're all here for you. We are going through the same experiences. Im young , just 13 but ive already went through the same stuff you have . Getting nipple pinched, rejected by a girl just cause of ur boobs. Congratz on u getting your surgery , and hopefullt it will cgange your life around:D

Offline TheCorrectedOne

• Posting Member
my story was similar. the girls in highschool talked to me  and as soon as they got a peak of my boobs they avoided me. and now i'm having mental issues evrytime i think of it. the hardest part os that i will never be able to get back to such a normal life and just continue where i had to stop. i am on medication now . and i really didn't want it to turn put this way.you are not alone and i want you to do thr surgery soon
. i just want to let you know that you cant go there where you stoped rvr with surgry. bzt do it for yourself..

if you can't accept yourself, you're just living to die soon

Offline jvega

You know being fat with boobs is alright but when you loose fat and youre still a c-cup(curious I tried a bra on)is another.Through high school I was lucky with the girls but physically I was in and out(if you know what I mean)but from time to time some girls actually liked them.It was always more of my personal issue.Ive been swimming but not very enjoying,would never be seen without my shirt and always a wife beater and two T-shirts but always aware and uncomfortable.Every time I consider surgery I think of my family and  how to better spend that money on them.Im forty this year and I think if Ive lived this long with it(since I was 15)then I guess I can still sacrafice.

Offline sirlim

• Posting Member
We are just in the same boat bro i know exactly what you are talking about but my scase is different am not overweight i weigh 54kg and i cant get rid of this things and i cant even afford the surgery

Offline gabrielsebastian74

• Posting Member

Change the way you live, change the way you eat, change. I can guarantee that you can look back and wonder if getting fit would have helped and dont do it, is worse than looking ahead and wondering what you could change if you took action!!!!!
Take acation, everyday you lost an hour playing Halo, is an hour you lost from trying to jog a mile and doing as many pushups as you could to start.
Hey man I feel your pain. I was 22 and 250 lbs.
I got into good shape between 24-28 and was getting laid left and right.
Yeah I still had some moobs, stupidly doing roids for a few months but at my best I was 225 all muscle.
I am 36 now and let go because of a very very very bad marriage.
Im now back down to 195 lbs, back on the saddle.
I started again doing only 20 pushups without feeling like I am dying, or running a 1/4 mile without feeling like I was going to pass out.
I NOW run two miles every other day and have been working out hardcore for the past month doing calisthenics, because I don't have money for a gym.
I got to 300 pushups at the end of 30 days and now using a backpack I filled with a 30 lbs sandbag to do push-ups.
I go to the park and do pull ups and chin up until I am crying and spitting. I also get two stools and do dips, Now using the backpack is giving me a bigger challenge. Notice, I am not at a gym. I am doing everything using creativity.
I know If I was doing none of this I would feel even worse.
I have improved. I dont expect perfection, but I sure as heck am going to try to remove as much estrogen secreting fat
around my body and fill up with as much testosterone producing muscle. I have a thread where I got few pics posted from the past 30 days till today.
If you can do the same,
your situation will improve.
Dont just lose weight and diet. Build muscle, everywhere, get as hard as you can.
Your man boobs will improve once you get to the lower teens in BF.
It will also help your depression. Doing surgery because you have moobs at your weight seems useless.
Yeah your moobs will be smaller, but you wont be triggering any attraction signals girls look for.
I mean wide back, small stomach.
My waist line below my love handles is 33. My wait line around my love handles is 37.5
I am going to love those 4 inches and get my waist to 32.
My arms went from 13" when I started to 15" today.
My shoulder width circumference is 45". I want to get to 52". I am measuring around the shoulders too, btw.
All Im saying is, do what you can, believe in yourself, get up and get going. Put away your Xbox 360, don't play any more games and don't hide from Life.

I did, it doesnt work.
Also, about your man boobs and people not liking you?
Look at your state of mind. People dont like people who feel bad about themselves or are seeking sympathy.
Everyone has problems, when I consider my moobs, and I have a friend who needs a new kidney, I say which is worse?
Yet she carries a smile everyday, she goes on and people are attracted to her like a magnet, no shes not hot.
her kidneys are at zero, she needs to undergo dialisys until an organ donor is available. I tested and we are not compatible plus I took roids, which disqualifies me.

All I am saying is, it sucks to be around someone who can improve themselves and choose not too, because they feel bad that even if they could get in shape don't because of their man boobs.
you already tried the surgery. Now try getting in SHAPE!!!!
Then worry about the surgery, but not until you have done what you can.
If you are reading this and feeling bad while eating a cheesecake and drinking a coke, then you are only worsening your problem.
And your body is secreting every single hormone telling you it to get even worse.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Great post, and congratulations on your success.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline gyne_22

• Posting Member

Change the way you live, change the way you eat, change. I can guarantee that you can look back and wonder if getting fit would have helped and dont do it, is worse than looking ahead and wondering what you could change if you took action!!!!!
Take acation, everyday you lost an hour playing Halo, is an hour you lost from trying to jog a mile and doing as many pushups as you could to start.
Hey man I feel your pain. I was 22 and 250 lbs.
I got into good shape between 24-28 and was getting laid left and right.
Yeah I still had some moobs, stupidly doing roids for a few months but at my best I was 225 all muscle.
I am 36 now and let go because of a very very very bad marriage.
Im now back down to 195 lbs, back on the saddle.
I started again doing only 20 pushups without feeling like I am dying, or running a 1/4 mile without feeling like I was going to pass out.
I NOW run two miles every other day and have been working out hardcore for the past month doing calisthenics, because I don't have money for a gym.
I got to 300 pushups at the end of 30 days and now using a backpack I filled with a 30 lbs sandbag to do push-ups.
I go to the park and do pull ups and chin up until I am crying and spitting. I also get two stools and do dips, Now using the backpack is giving me a bigger challenge. Notice, I am not at a gym. I am doing everything using creativity.
I know If I was doing none of this I would feel even worse.
I have improved. I dont expect perfection, but I sure as heck am going to try to remove as much estrogen secreting fat
around my body and fill up with as much testosterone producing muscle. I have a thread where I got few pics posted from the past 30 days till today.
If you can do the same,
your situation will improve.
Dont just lose weight and diet. Build muscle, everywhere, get as hard as you can.
Your man boobs will improve once you get to the lower teens in BF.
It will also help your depression. Doing surgery because you have moobs at your weight seems useless.
Yeah your moobs will be smaller, but you wont be triggering any attraction signals girls look for.
I mean wide back, small stomach.
My waist line below my love handles is 33. My wait line around my love handles is 37.5
I am going to love those 4 inches and get my waist to 32.
My arms went from 13" when I started to 15" today.
My shoulder width circumference is 45". I want to get to 52". I am measuring around the shoulders too, btw.
All Im saying is, do what you can, believe in yourself, get up and get going. Put away your Xbox 360, don't play any more games and don't hide from Life.

I did, it doesnt work.
Also, about your man boobs and people not liking you?
Look at your state of mind. People dont like people who feel bad about themselves or are seeking sympathy.
Everyone has problems, when I consider my moobs, and I have a friend who needs a new kidney, I say which is worse?
Yet she carries a smile everyday, she goes on and people are attracted to her like a magnet, no shes not hot.
her kidneys are at zero, she needs to undergo dialisys until an organ donor is available. I tested and we are not compatible plus I took roids, which disqualifies me.

All I am saying is, it sucks to be around someone who can improve themselves and choose not too, because they feel bad that even if they could get in shape don't because of their man boobs.
you already tried the surgery. Now try getting in SHAPE!!!!
Then worry about the surgery, but not until you have done what you can.
If you are reading this and feeling bad while eating a cheesecake and drinking a coke, then you are only worsening your problem.
And your body is secreting every single hormone telling you it to get even worse.

THAANK YOU!!!

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Hi Gyne_22

Big breasts are not the problem.  I am at 52DD. Being depressed is a turnoff for most people.  You don't appear to be willing to go out with some body like yourself.  That comes across to others.  Why should they want anything to do with you if you are playing Debbie Downer and hate yourself and wouldn't go out with yourself?  Have some reasons that people would want to hang around with you.  Enjoy doing things and enjoy doing them with others.  Also there are reasons that people would never tell you like gum disease or smelling bad.  I don't know you and all I see is how you come across here.  I dated girls who liked to play chess, Scrabble and bridge.  I enjoyed playing and so did I.  I enjoyed playing with them.  A person needs a reason ty might enjoy hanging around with you.  Your fears scuttle you. The advice from Gabrielsebastian is good.  Change yourself.  Change how you feel about yourself.  Good nutrition and exercise can help your mood.  For than matter maybe talking to a doctor about Prozac could help.  Maybe some vitamins could help if they are they are the right ones.  After you get your BMI down under 25 maybe talking to a doc again about surgery could help but the maybe the process of getting there is all you need.  I've been fat, depressed, sick and lonely with big breasts. 40 years later I've still got the breasts and they don't matter in the least.  I have a partner, I'm not lonely, I'm healthy and I weigh 100+ pounds less.  You can change lots of things.  Good luck.  Have FUN.  Start enjoying life.

Offline M31

• Posting Member
i've been really depressed too the past couple months. Everything in my life has turned to crap cause of my gyno and honestly i've really thought about suicide multiple times because i feel like i have nothing to live for. Trust me man we're in the same boat, i'm tryna schedule a consultation tomorrow so hopefully i can get surgery before spring and summertime rolls around so i can know what it feels like to be normal for once. I'm tall skinny/average but have really bad gyno. Everyday is a struggle picking out clothes and making sure no one can see my breasts.. cheer up man i'm with ya

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024