Author Topic: Best cardio exercise  (Read 8083 times)

Offline Olin

Hey....
  Guys what do you think which is best cardio exercise...??
 share your opinion with me...

Offline 2B||!2B

• Posting Member
There is no real "best" form of cardio.

Jogging is really great, but some find it boring and some find it intensive on their joints.
Using an elliptical or cross trainer is a great form of cardio while building muscle simultaneously.

Using a jump rope is also a great way to get your heart rate up.

Ultimately though, the best form of cardio is the one you enjoy the most,
You're much more likely to do it regularly and stick to it as part of a fitness program.

2B

Offline Swarley

• Bronze Member

Ultimately though, the best form of cardio is the one you enjoy the most,

Couldn't agree more.
I prefer to workout at the gym, & my gym is pretty well equipped, so it's handy for me to be able to mix things up. I can do cardio sessions that include various workouts - cross trainer, cycling, running, swimming etc.
I find that changing from one exercise to another every 20mins helps, for me.

Even hitting the punch bag for 10mins gets my heart rate up (and if I'm having a bad day, this is my favourite way to start a workout!).
Surgery with Alex Karidis 8/11/11. Currently recovering.

Offline Elton

• Posting Member
Hi Olin,
I found swimming best cardio exercise as swimming not only helps in losing extra weight but also tone our body muscles and makes heart and lungs strong. Swimming improve muscle strength and deals with joint and muscular problems. Swimming increase acrobatic capacity and energy levels.

Offline kashra

• Posting Member
 I think Running and swimming are best cardio exercises but if we have to chose one than i would chose swimming its best of best according to Tacoma  boot camp and personal fitness trainer
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 03:04:16 AM by kashra »

Offline moobius

• Gold Member

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It varies with condition and age. I have been told that I should monitor my pulse and exercise hard enough to keep it elevated for 20 or more minutes. Another doctor told me that If I could carry on a conversation by speaking in phrases it was about right. If I could speak in whole sentences, I needed to pick up the pace. If I could sing, I was not really exercising at all.

At the age of 76, I take a daily walk of about 3 miles. I still take an occasional hike in the local mountains and I am still an avid camper. If you are not living in a tent or under the stars, you are not really camping.
Grandpa Dan

Offline gj94x

• Posting Member
Tbh cardio isn't essential, if you prefer lifting weights then just do that and tailor your diet to suit

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
It's true, guys can get in the 'shape' they want with just diet and gym, but if you're looking to increase your overall health and longevity as well as your image at the beach, then cardio does provide benefits you won't get from weights and diet alone.

Offline MikeW1012

• Posting Member
hard sex if you can last long enough

Offline Edwin

• Posting Member
I found cycling best cardio exercise as cycling not only help in losing weight but also tone muscles, boost stamina and build strength. Cycling improve immunity system and reduce the risk of obesity, hypertension, heart disease, diabetes and some cancers.

Stones Sharp Accountants
Stones Sharp Accountants
Stones Sharp Accountants
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 06:26:06 AM by Edwin »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024