Author Topic: Scar questions (pics)  (Read 1967 times)

Offline relicfolio

• Posting Member
Are scars usually near the surface of right under the skin. Or can they be deeper pushing tissue above it which would make the nipples portruid, if that made sense.

If it is deeper does Kenalog work for that or is it only for scars near or on the surface.

What does scar tissue feel like normally?  If I put my middle and ring finger on my nipple area it feels like there is a hard chunk of something. Almost like a small piece of bar soap. It feels like i can move it around beneath the surface. on the other side of my chest, i also feel a similar thing but smaller. Is there any drawings out there that show the anatomy of whats below the areola surface. I just want to make sure I am not doing a deep tissue (painful) massage on something I think is scar tissue but in fact a nerve, muscle, etc that I should not be irritating. 

If this is in fact scar tissue, could it be the reason that my nipples are still puffy when warm (they contract when cold). I've linked to a previous post where I posted a lot of pictures starting pre op to post op 2.5 yrs later (after revisions). 

Every time my surgeon was certain that there was no gland left and very little fat around my areola area. She kept saying that it was loose skin. 

Well as you can see that my pre op pictures, yes i was a little heavier then I am now, but nothing huge that I would think would cause my skin to be that inelastic. I was only 25 at the time of surgery, have never smoked a day in my life, and never been heavier then what is in my pictures. 

Ive accepted my left side of the chest, considering it is better then I have ever had, but still wonder why there seems to be a slight puffines along the outer perimeter. Almost like a dognut of fat. has anyone else ever had this? is it just a lack of sculpting during my surgery? 

I will post some current pictures when I get home tonight. 
Does anyone know a reputable surgeon in the Seattle, Portland, or Spokane area that I could have look/ feel to determine it is in fact scar tissue?

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=23403.msg155537#msg155537

Offline relicfolio

• Posting Member
Any docs that can answer these questions?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Scar tissue forms throughout the area of operation, so if there were skin incisions, there is a scar on the surface that you see, but that scar extends through the full thickness of the tissue incised.  In addition, if liposuction is performed, there is scarring throughout the area that was treated. This is under the skin where the fat was removed and tunnels created by the liposuction cannula.  The tunnels scar down, pushed together post-operatively by your compression garment.  The tissue sticks together at first, held together by the "tissue glue" of clotting factors, and eventually, held together by scar tissue laid down during the healing process.  Scar matures over time, and in most cases, what may start as a nodular or ropey feeling scar should eventually fade to a fine line with little palpability. 

It's very hard to get a good idea of your overall result because your later photos are from funny angles and don't give a good view.  If you can post some more standardized views, that would help. But it seems like your best bet for good answers would be a consultation.  Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in your area personally.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com