Author Topic: How much is 375mg? Help!!  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Kill3rK

• Posting Member
Hi everyone, I have a consultation with a plastic surgeon tomorrow, and today I called my insurance company to find out the coverage of gynecomastia surgery. They told me that for someone that is my height and weight, the doctor needs to "estimate the amount of tissue removed at no less then 350mg." but how much is that really? I have about a B cup breast. I tried posting pics but it didn't work. Can you put it into terms I would understand? Thank you.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
The unit is in grams, not milligrams.  And 350g is a good bit of tissue to remove - that's the amount often removed in a breast reduction on a woman to dramatically reduce her breast size.    If your surgeon does both liposuction and direct tissue excision, a lot of that 350g he needs will be in the liposuction canister.  I would suggest he weigh the canister too - that should get him to the 350g number.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
350 grams is a little less than a pound, and it needs to be removed from each side.  Think of 3 1/2 sticks of butter on each side.  You must have Blue Cross.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Kill3rK

• Posting Member
Dr. S: yes you are correct I do have BCBS, and I'm not quite sure I have that much. I'm more concerned with, my PS took pictures and his staff said the would submit it to the insurance company, but my main concern is they will approve it, and then once it is all submitted to the insurance and I have already had the surgery they will come back and say I didn't have enough removed and now I'm stuck with the bill. Like I said I'm an 18 year old college student I can't take out a loan due to the economy, saving takes 10x too long, and insurance is my only hope.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I wish that I could encourage some optimism for you, but the reality in Massachusetts at least would suggest otherwise.

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024