Author Topic: South Beach Diet  (Read 4843 times)

Offline metsn2005

• Bronze Member
I picked up the book and am giving it a try. Has anyone else tried it? Looks like its guna be kinda hard to keep the first 2 weeks, but It seems well worth it. 8-13 pounds in the next two weeks, although I wont be suprised if I dont lose that much.

Does anyone know if you can have olives on the diet? I know you can have olive oil, but i just want to make sure olives are ok before I indulge in them.

Also, how does this affect gyne, if it does at all? I dont expect it to make it better, this is purely to help me lose weight. I just dont want it to affect it badly. I had a salmon fillet for lunch today, which was probably full of PCB's or mercury, as it was not wild. Anyone know if these chemicals screw with your hormones?

Basically any info on south beach would be appreciated. Thanks!

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
  • free as of 10-19-2004!! WOO HOO!
fu*k the south beach.  f*ck atkins.  f*ck all diets.

here's how you lose weight and get in shape in my 3 step plan:

1) eat less
2) eat healthy
3) exercise more

I have no faith in any diet where you can eat steak and bacon all you want but God forbid you have an apple or banana.

Gine2D

"its guna be kinda hard to keep the first 2 weeks"

Isn't South Beach the Nude Beach just north of Miami.

A diet there would be good.

;D

G

Offline metsn2005

• Bronze Member
fu*k the south beach.  f*ck atkins.  f*ck all diets.

here's how you lose weight and get in shape in my 3 step plan:

1) eat less
2) eat healthy
3) exercise more

I have no faith in any diet where you can eat steak and bacon all you want but God forbid you have an apple or banana.

yea thats what I said before to other kids who were on diets. Well im giving it a go.. I exercise a lot but have a real low metabolism and am around the house a lot. I would rather think of south beach diet as just a structured way to loose weight. I know what I should eat, but when there are rules its a hell of a lot easier. And btw, South Beach is really different from atkins. You are supposed to avoid bad fats, unlike atkins. It is still pretty light on carbs, but nowhere near as bad for you as atkins is.

Offline gynegoawayplz

• Posting Member
  • gyne sucks
i was on south beach for a while i lost 70lbs, before and after pics on request in PM... it's not that bad, basically "fad" diets are pretty much all the same, low carb, high protein

just keep this in mind

eat 4-6 small meals
keep your carbs low (atkins keeps it under 20 a day)
keep your calories in check
exercise

if you think a food is unhealthy it probably is!  just use a lot of common sense, the key is in the long run.  and keep this in mind, it takes a long time to gain weight, and it takes a long time to take it off.
I wish I could step out of the black and into the white.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024