Author Topic: greetings from NC  (Read 2037 times)

Offline codemiester2006

• Posting Member
I am new here but have been living with gynecomastia since I was about 12 or 13. I am now 23. I was a bit chubby and I guess I still am. I have never asked the doctor about it. I must say that it has effected my life greatly and is quite the disappointment one would imagine. I was around 220 in high school I have pretty much obsessed about trying to loose weight in order to try to loose the boobs but to no avail. I weigh 208 now I haven't noticed any change even thought there must be some. I am hell bent on having the surgery. I am about to start saving for it... hopefully it wont take that long I am sick of it keeping me from enjoying life. No matter how many times people say it doesnt matter what others think... it does, no matter what anyone says. I have the nice big fat ones not the puffy jobs and I have never taken medication or steroids to cause them. It has generally negatively impacted my entire look on life and when they are gone my soul will rejoice :)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Your story has many elements in common with many of us here.

Mine were quite round and well formed even though at the age of 18 and height of 5'10" When I graduated from High School and went into the Air Force I weighed only 135 lbs. Basic taining and the communal shower was a dreaded experience made easier only by the fact that We had another guy in our unit who made a better victim. I had been a wrestler and grew up in South Central Los Angeles; I did not make a good victim at all unless someone wanted to get hurt.

After Basic Training, I went to a Medical Technical School so my associates were a better class of people and better educated as well so the teasing and torment diminished greatly. Even then though there were some events that I'd prefer not to recall.

You did not give your height so I cannot relate your weight to any kind of scale. It might or might not be a issue in any case.

In my case, Gynecomastia seems to be a family trait passed down from my Mother's side of the family. I've not seen any good information to either support or refute a family connection, but it seems to be so in my case. For most men the cause is usually listed as "Idiopathic".  The term Idiopathic has been jokingly defined as a medical word meaning "Your guess is as good as mine." In short, the most common cause is: I don't know.

You are fortunate to have been born at a time when safe, reliable and effective surgery is available if that is your desire. At the age of 74, I was born about 50 years too soon.

Everyone at this forum is here for the same reason, so you are among friends. Feel free to speak your mind. Welcome aboard.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Welcome to the forum!  You among among brothers here -- and you will find a lot of help and empathy.

Suggest you post some photos for us to look at.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline codemiester2006

• Posting Member
Thanks a lot. I am glad there is a surgery and it must be done... I am 6' 1"  tall btw.

I will post up some pictures sometime. I am almost 100% sure I got the actual breast tissue since I have seen pictures of what the breast tissue looks like and this most certainly feels like what I can feel under my breasticles. I have been have never really been tormented about my condition much...although probably because I avoid any circumstance where it may be possible.
 but even my mom said something about it when I was young but she never mentioned it again.. I guess she figured it didnt bother me.
Yea I mean being a little tubby never bothered me but these boobs gotta go! since I have seen people that weigh 300 lbs and they dont even have man boobs ughhh makes me sick lol.

I have managed to by a spandex-y type tank that makes them less noticable but that just adds insult to injury I hate having to rely on a crutch like that.

I have realized that people dont pay it as much attention as I think they do but without a doubt most women would think it was unattractive. My ex never mentioned it.... which is probably the best thing she did the whole time we were together lol :/

Offline codemiester2006

• Posting Member
also if anyone knows of any real good gyne surgeons in the North Carolina area It would be cool if you would post them or direct me to a good place to review them... since when you search for plastic surgeons everything under the sun pops up.

Offline codemiester2006

• Posting Member
Some pictures  :o

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024