Author Topic: I work out a lot, and my chest will not flatten. Do i have gynecomastia?  (Read 2641 times)

Offline mikelemmond

• Posting Member
Hello, and thanks in advance for any helpful info that I could get. I am 26 years old, and I have been overweight for most of my life. I have always just assumed that my chest looked to way it does because of my weight problem. I have been working out now for two years. I have gone from 28% body fat to 17%. I admit that I could still loose a few more pounds, but it seems like not matter how much I work out, my chest still has a dome/pointed look to it. I have seen other websites that say lots of people have "puffy nipples" instead of gynecomastia. So that is exactly what my question is. Do I have gynecomastia, or just puffy nipples? Or do I just need just need to keep dieting and working out like crazy? Also, I have seen websites that sell medication that can help. Is that just a scam? or do these medications really work?

Offline hitchcock

• Bronze Member
"Do I have gynecomastia, or just puffy nipples?"

I think what you have is a combination of both, although that's just from experience visiting this site and others. I'm not a doctor

Your BF looks pretty low and you appear to be in good shape. As the doctors here will say, no amount of diet and exercise will get rid of the excess gland/fat, more specifically the gland causing your puffy nipples/moobs.

"Also, I have seen websites that sell medication that can help. Is that just a scam? or do these medications really work?"

Don't waste your time with these. They are just get-rich schemes.

Offline mikelemmond

• Posting Member
I appreciate the info. Thanks for the quick reply!

Offline mikelemmond

• Posting Member
Another quick question I wanted to add in is the same question I'm sure everyone has. How much would surgery cost?

Offline hitchcock

• Bronze Member
Many factors come into play when determining surgery cost. Location, the doctor experience in his field and the severity of the case. I'd say anywhere from $4,000-8,000

Offline riot1234

• Posting Member

hammer

I would have to agree with hitchcock that you do have gynecomastia! This may sound crude but it is nice to see someone post the question with pictures that really has gyne. Good luck, it is fixable!

Offline mikelemmond

• Posting Member
Thanks, and I agree with you that a lot of the pics that I have looked at do not seem like very bad cases.

Offline trevaskism

• Posting Member
i was in the same boat as you. about the same weight/size as you but had breasts that would not flatten no matter how much i worked out. my doctor told me that no matter how much working out i do, i wont get rid of my gyne. after months of doctors appointments and hours of talking with insurance, i got my surgery covered by insurance and had surgery (liposuction) a few days ago. im telling you man, you GOTTA talk to your doctor about it because after you get it done, its so worth it. any questions you have, i can answer them for you.
good luck bro.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024