Author Topic: 5 days post op, lower part of nipple looks sucked in  (Read 2681 times)

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member
First off, thanks in advance..

I had surgery last Thurs (march 8th) and just looked at my chest (with vest on) yesterday, doc told me "when the stitches come out and after your hair grows back in, nobody will notice". I was set back by the hair thing, as if he's bankin on hair growth to hide a potential crater. He did excision only, when I was under the impression he would do both lipo+excision. I was pretty excited until today when I took a shower. Upon further review the lower part looks pretty damn concaved. I am really getting down about this, I realize its early on but I have no clue how all of a sudden my chest would just un-puff itself?

Is it possible? Did he take too much out? This guy has been doing gyne surgery for over 20 years, seems very reputable in this procedure..But I am honestly having some serious regrets.

Also, not sure it matters but there are the stitches (which I think are desolvable?) and sterile strip still on my lower nipple. I have a really hard time believing those two things are sucking it in like that, just wanted to hear your guys thoughts.

I REALLY appreciate it!

edit: just went and looked, I suppose its not THAT concaved, but without a doubt there is a dip. It actually looks much worse from my vantage point. Looking down it looks quit indented, looking in the mirror head on it doesn't look too bad, but from the side its noticeable. Really curious how much the stitches and tape can suck it in? 

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It's not really possible to comment on what is going on without knowing what was done and actually examining you, and even then, swelling and other factors can result in contour issues that may be temporary and will resolve.  The best thing to do is to have your surgeon address your concerns at your follow up appointment.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member
It's not really possible to comment on what is going on without knowing what was done and actually examining you, and even then, swelling and other factors can result in contour issues that may be temporary and will resolve.  The best thing to do is to have your surgeon address your concerns at your follow up appointment.

Rick Silverman

Have you seen sterile strips+stiches suck the skin of the lower nipple in, temporarily?

I go back Thursday and I will definitely discuss the indentation. HOPEFULLY it ends up minimal, or gone altogether. Nerve racking ot say the least...Appreciate your time

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I have had patients where the nipple was puffy from post-operative swelling and the area under the steri-strips was relatively flatter, which looks bad from above but not so bad from the front--as you've described.

RS

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member
I have had patients where the nipple was puffy from post-operative swelling and the area under the steri-strips was relatively flatter, which looks bad from above but not so bad from the front--as you've described.

RS

Ok thanks a lot. I'll just play the waiting game and see what happens..thanks again for the time!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024