Author Topic: Crest like shape created by residual tissue?  (Read 2472 times)

Offline spooreal

• Posting Member
Hello members and doctors,

I have been concerned with a crest type looking defect in one breast. Up until this point I though it was a crater type defect. However, now that things have settled and I have pinched around, it seems there is a thin line of harder tissue that makes up the shape underneath the skin.

Please look carefully at the photo. 

Doctors and similarly situated members:

1. What is this tissue? Is is the incision where the doctor excised the tissue and residual scarring or left over tissue.

THANKS.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I'm not sure what you're talking about, and I'm guessing that's why no one has answered.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline spooreal

• Posting Member
I'm not sure what you're talking about, and I'm guessing that's why no one has answered.

Rick Silverman

Thanks doc... lets try again.

My chest looks as if it has a depression which looks like a slight crater deformity, but when I pinch around, it seems there is some rubbery (denser than fat) tissue that makes up the lip or outer edge of this "crater" looking problem. I thought it was a crater until I pinched around and noticed this extra tissue. Now that I observe more, its not a crater at all, but a shadowing effect from the SLIGHT protrusion from this tissue. Because it has a crest like shape, it creates a crater type image from the shadowing. The Tissue SEEMS to be either scar tissue or residual gyno.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024