Author Topic: what should i do  (Read 2099 times)

Offline topgunitsme

• Posting Member
sir/madam....i have these moobs ever since i was 14....now im 17...5 feet 8 inches tall and weigh 62kgs.....can u pls suggest some excercises....ill even go for surgery if it will completely get rid of it

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
There are no exercises that will specifically eliminate gynecomastia.  A good dietary regimen in conjunction with regular exercise may give improved appearance of the chest by reducing body fat percentage and shrinking any fatty component of the gynecomastia.  If there is persistent glandular component, this won't really change without surgery.  As far as exercise--you should do something that you enjoy, so that you do it on a regular basis.

If you post some photos, we might be able to give you some additional thoughts. 

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline topgunitsme

• Posting Member
thanks a lot for your reply sir!...so should i post the photos here or should i send them to you?.

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I would agree with what was posted, unfortunately exercise does not alleviate the problem.Surgery is required but exercise is important in the postoperative period to optimize the final result.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline topgunitsme

• Posting Member
thanks a lot for the reply sir!...i have watched some videos on youtube which suggest some exercises...so would they atleast mitigate the problem?...and also many people have told me that this happens during puberty and will disappear after 18...so should i exercise until then...or are there any chances of it reducing without surgery because its really expensive

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
You can post photos here if you'd like. 

Gynecomastia that develops during puberty resolves within 3 years in approximately 95% of patients.  In those patients in whom it doesn't resolve in that period of time, surgery is usually required for correction.

Rick Silverman

Offline topgunitsme

• Posting Member
ive posted the pic....thanks alot for u reply sir!...

Offline topgunitsme

• Posting Member
so are there any chances of it mitigating with exercise?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
You could see how your chest looks if you reduce your body fat through DIET AND EXERCISE, but exercise alone will not resolve the issue.  Some patients find that true gynecomastia doesn't improve with decreased body fat, since the gynecomastia stays, while the rest of the body looks leaner.  Other patients see some improvement with decreased body fat.

RS

Offline topgunitsme

• Posting Member
thanks again for ur reply sir...diet as in one of those diet programs or avoiding junk food(cuz ive stopped eating junk food)

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
Diet means fewer calories in than calories expended to live and be active.  You need to do a diet that you can maintain, and if that means some sort of weird fad diet, then fine.  I generally recommend a balanced diet high in protein, low in fats focusing on good fats, and with moderate carbohydrate consumption.  Eat foods you like...just not too much.

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024