Author Topic: Protruding Nipple 14 Months Post-Op  (Read 2460 times)

Offline mum4519

• Posting Member
Let me say first, from where I was before my surgery to where I am now, I am ecstatic.

My question is this:
My left nipple, under the nipple there seems to be excess fat or loose skin, I cannot tell which one. This causes the bottom of my nipple to protrude out. It looks very obvious and odd when I have my shirt off. I noticed it about 1 month post op but was told to give it up to a full year.

Here I am 14 months later with the same problem. I have been dieting and working out now and have dropped weight but this area still stays the same. Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts or have gone through the same thing? I would like to fix it at the lowest cost I can. My original surgery was approx 6k and I'm curious if the fix to my problem could be done possibly in office rather than in a surgery room. I developed a hematoma in my right breast where the doctor opened up the sutures and basically "popped" it all out in his office, and that one looks absolutely great.

Please, any info would be greatly appreciated. I feel as if I'm stuck between a Rick and a hard place. Thanks everyone.

Offline mum4519

• Posting Member
Any doctors or individuals have any similar experience?

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
There may be a small amount of residual breast tissue that needs to be removed.  It could also be fat.  If it's a small area, it can probably be excised under local anesthesia in your surgeon's office.  Have you talked about this with your surgeon?

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I agree with Dr. Pope--it's most likely some residual tissue, either fat or gland, and more than likely it can be dealt with in the office under local anesthesia.  Your surgeon should have a revision policy, and you should ask him what that is. In most cases, it's a nominal fee to cover expenses of the revision, presuming it can be done in the office.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com