Author Topic: Surgery on May 31  (Read 2786 times)

Offline Pearlsnap

• Posting Member
I have my surgery scheduled for Thursday. Starting to get a little nervous about the recovery. 4 weeks in a compression vest in June sounds like hell. Ill post my recovery experience in the designated forum.

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
Ya - hot weather is not the best for wearing a vest. Hopefully you can stay in air conditioned spaces mostly during the month of recovery.  But anytime is a good time to get moobs removed. Best wishes for a fast recovery.

Offline princerockzz

• Bronze Member
Best wishes brother...mine is tomorrow... may 30th. :)

Offline Pearlsnap

• Posting Member
Good luck with your surgery, Prince.

I live in NYC and work in an air conditioned office. But it takes about a half hour to commute on the subway. It has been really hot here the last few days but it looks like the next week or so will be OK.

It's strange to think that tomorrow will be the last time I walk down the street or ride the subway and be self concious about my chest.   

Offline rayden

Brother,

Got my Surgery on the same day. Hoping for the best and nervous at the same time.

Best of luck !!

Offline Pearlsnap

• Posting Member
Thanks. You too.

Offline princerockzz

• Bronze Member
how did it go brothers? :)

Offline Pearlsnap

• Posting Member
Everything seems good so far. This was day 3 for me. I removed the bandages and showered. Not very sore and bruising doesnt seem as bad as i was expecting. I just hate the binder i have to wear.

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
... I just hate the binder i have to wear.

I know what you mean, Pearlsnap. I've been using crushed ice in a baggy wrapped in a soft cloth to place on top of hot spots on my vest. It seems to get itchy and sore on the top part of my pecs and on my rib cage.

The shoulder straps were itching too, but I put some Cornstarch Baby Powder (Johnson & Johnson) on my shoulders after I showered and dried off and that helped relieve that.

Offline princerockzz

• Bronze Member
since i am vry sweaty and its pretty hot in our place... i wear a thin inner t-shirt inside the compression vest so that sweat doesnt affect the vest and i dont have to wash it all the time...its comfortable too...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024