Author Topic: Tomorrow, June 04, Is My BIG Day---Surgery!!!  (Read 2269 times)

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
Oh boy, I can't believe that finally, after a half a year on these boards and doing research here and there, not to mention at least two decades of wishing for a flatter chest, I'm finally having my gynecomastia surgery!  :o

Wish me luck guys! I'll update tomorrow if I'm not too out of it.  :)

I'm so glad that I found this board as it has provided me not only with great information, but also wonderful support from others going through the same thing.

Offline captain chesty

• Silver Member

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
Thanks Captain!

I'm recovering at home, yesterday I was really out of it after the surgery. The anesthesia was really strong and I was a little nauseous because while I was in the recovery room, I don't even remember walking in there, I got up to tell the staff that my ride was there because I didn't want to shout it out, but that made me nauseous! So remember that guys, if you're in the recovery room alone and your ride calls don't get up and walk to tell the staff, either call out or call the office to tell them.

After I got home yesterday, I had to take two hydrocodone pain killers because my entire chest was really sore and I was really out of it. So I laid down, I didn't even take off my clothes having worn sweats, and slept on and off all day and night.

Today, I have some soreness but it only hurts when I move around so it's not too bad.

The compression vest, I thought I would have a real issue with because I don't like to sleep with tight and binding clothing, but the vest actually feels really good. I feel very supported by it.

And today I actually felt like walking around, not too much but instead of just laying in bed, and I also had a little appetite so I made myself a large salad. Yesterday, I could only stomach water and saltine crackers so that's another thing to have handy for post-op care.

I'll update later.

Offline Pearlsnap

• Posting Member
Congratulations. Sounds positive so far.

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
Yeah, I'm doing well, Pearlsnap.

There was a unexpected problem that came up on Thurs, the day of my first post-op visit with my doctor and 3 days after surgery. Everything is fine on my end, but my uncle, who was supposed to be taking care of me during my recovery, ended up in the emergency room with appendicitis and had to have his appendix removed.

Because of that, I had to run around and couldn't get much rest because they kept him at the hospital until Saturday because he's elderly and had a slow heartbeat after the surgery so the doctors wanted to make sure he was OK.

I was able to rest all day on Sunday and Monday and the bruising and swelling I had under my arms, really bad on the right side, has practically gone away.

My chest feels fine when I'm laying down but when I move around a lot and the blood starts circulating it does itch and feel sore.

As far as appearance, my chest is totally flat now, but I'm really not counting it since I'm still in the healing stages and everything is going to go through other changes as time goes on.

And I'm still wearing my compression Stage 1 vest for another three weeks. I go back to the doctor on June 28. But so far so good.

The tape under my nipples is still there and I'm to just let it stay there until if falls off.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024