Author Topic: gyno returning or too early too judge  (Read 2683 times)

Offline mahdyt

hello i have had severe gynecomastia even before puberty i had my surgery 5 days ago :D however it feels like it got thicker than it was the first day. the first day it was completely flat now it feels like i have slight gyno does that mean my gyno is returning  iv had both my gland and fat removed the doctor used a new procedure no pening in the nipple just two in my upper abdomen he says the gland was dissolved then removed by lipo could this be theo cause of it do i need to tighten my compression vest even more or is it because not enough fat was removed
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 03:13:11 PM by mahdyt »

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It's not really possible to comment on the adequacy of your procedure, but one thing that I can certainly state is that your gynecomastia is not recurring five days post-operatively.  There are many things that will take place over the coming months in terms of healing, inflammation, and the scarring process.  Waxing and waning of swelling in the treated area is a hallmark of that process, and fullness one day in an area that seemed flatter the day before has little predictive value in the long-term.  You might post some photos for more meaningful feedback, but it's still quite early to make any significant comments.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Plastic surgeons frequently hear the hype of new, high tech devices that purportedly dissolve fat, breast tissue, etc.  Most of them don't work out too well.

The tried and true method of direct excision for solid sub-areolar breast tissue works best for me and many of my colleagues. 

If you are worried about re-growth just a few days after surgery, I would not buy that.  Rather, it would seem to be inadequate removal in the first place. 

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline mahdyt

thanks alot for replying Dr. Silverman and dr jacobs i do not have any pictures from before the operation (but i would say i had a severe case due to weight loss and the surgery was a massive improvement but not really what i was hoping for) posted a link to my pictures now 9 days post op thanks alot once again

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
The photos don't appear to have posted.

RS

Offline mahdyt

very sorry about that if you can go to the following link where i have put my photos id be very thankful

facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.104921086317788.6855.100003996912882&type=3

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
Thanks for posting the photos.  It's difficult to comment on your result without seeing what it looked like pre-operatively, but it doesn't look bad at this early point post-operatively. 

RS

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
There is no effective way to remove glandular other than by surgical excision. Swelling initially may mask the presence of gland that was not removed.All patients swell in the postoperative period. Five days is a bit early to asses the effectiveness of your procedure.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024