Author Topic: Booked for Aug 22! Wish it was sooner though.  (Read 2814 times)

Offline mrnomoobs

• Posting Member
I can't stand walking around.  There are good days and there are bad days.  There are days when I feel great about myself and the next day some jerk/s has to stare, laugh, point, etc.  I am so fed up with having these stupid manboobs!  I can't wait to get this done.  I wish I could do it tomorrow.  I want  to feel like a new man!  I have these things my whole life and it SUCKS!!!!  I did everything I could to work them off.  Nothing ever changed.  Best money I ever spent, I just hope I get the results I want for the price.  But after talking to my Plastic Surgeon, I feel good to go.  I even started buying shirts I wouldn't wear before.  Hell yeah! 

Is wiping your butt hard after surgery?  Not trying to be funny, just want to know.

Offline NO83

• Posting Member
Aug 22nd will be here before you know it!  There are plenty of people on this site who wish they could be in the position to get surgery so just keep positive!  As for the wiping your butt thing, well, haha, yeah it is hard the first few days.  That is if you can even go to the bathroom.  Anesthesia has a way of "backing you up".  My doctor had me take one dulcolax after surgery and I had no problems other than it was a little uncomfortable to wipe haha.  Hope this helps and congrats on booking the surgery.

Offline mrnomoobs

• Posting Member
Aug 22nd will be here before you know it!  There are plenty of people on this site who wish they could be in the position to get surgery so just keep positive!  As for the wiping your butt thing, well, haha, yeah it is hard the first few days.  That is if you can even go to the bathroom.  Anesthesia has a way of "backing you up".  My doctor had me take one dulcolax after surgery and I had no problems other than it was a little uncomfortable to wipe haha.  Hope this helps and congrats on booking the surgery.

Yeah, I guess you are right!  I will.  I am super excited.  I saved half the money and financing the rest.  I rather be backed up than trying to wipe with a bunch of pain.  Thanks for the info!

Offline Showtime620

• Silver Member
Hey dude.  Congrats on the scheduled surgery! I'm stoked for ya!

Figured I'd chime in on the butt wiping since I posted about this after my surgery due to my own dilemma with it.   I had gland removal and lipo so the doctor prescribed me percosets - which I did not take; not sure if I didn't get the prescription filled because I was being lazy or if I wanted to 'tough it out'.  Over the course of 4 days - until I got my drains out, I would say that I had a 10-15 90 second episodes of SEVERE pain in the incisions -  like 10 out of 10, laying in bed screaming pain.  But after the 90 seconds, it's almost like the switch went off for the most part which was quite weird.  I then read that the severe pain is the nerves trying to reconnect by seding electric currents to the severed part, or something like that.  Back to pooping.  Moving was a challenege and since I didn't have the pain killers, I was not constipated at all.  What I did to combat this was eat EXTREMELY clean and healthy.  No pizza or burgers that give you those dirty dumps, but rather, fruits and vegetables and tuna from a can and drank lots of water.  This made the dumps 'cleaner' and easier to wipe.  As for the actual wiping itself, you'll most likely have drains around the armpits so reaching around to your backside will be painful.  I ended up attacking front the front, which is you have 'clean' dumps, isn't that difficult.  also, wet ones were a Godsend.  I had surgery on a Thursday and had the drains pulled out first thing Monday morning.  Didn't take the vest off or shower that whole time so the wetones were good for armpits, toes, asswiping, etc. 
Despite the pain and the trouble wipinng, and the drains and the money and the time away from doing anything physical, this surgery was the best thing I've ever done in my life.   You will be thrilled when it's all over.  Listen to your doctor and follow his instructions to a T.  The better you prepare and pay attention, the better your results will be.   Feel free to hit me up with any questions or comments via a private message or on any message board that I've posted on and will see a notification.  I like checking in on here occassionally to see if I can offer any advice as a 'veteran'. (Surgery was March 22nd 2012, only 4 months, but still!) Many people get the surgery and move on with their lives, which is understandable, but I feel that I've been given a gift and should be here as a resource to others who are in the same shoes I wore just 4 months ago.

Best of luck to you! 

Offline mrnomoobs

• Posting Member
Thanks for the info man.  I was reading the doc's directions and it defiantly said you better take the pain med even with no pain is present.  Because it will sneak up on you. That was probably happening to you. I plan to eat lean and I will take your advice on food.  The day is getting closer and closer I can't wait!  The only part I am not looking forward to are those first couple of days of recovery.  But I  will get through it.  Your post is very encouraging.  I plan to stay on as well to keep up with my status and give advice as well.

Offline Showtime620

• Silver Member
Yea, probably would take the pain meds in hindsight.  The first few days of recovery really fly by, man. Don't sweat it.  Whenever I'd go through a few minutes of thinking: 'OMG, four more dayssss?!?!?!", I'd tell myself that it would be here before I know.  And it was.  Bad situations always seem longer in the moment, but when it's over, you think: 'man, that was a piece of cake'.  Should you find yourself getting annoyed at the pain and the laying around, just think of next summer without goofy lookin titties! That'll get you through for sure!  Only gonna be a few days, nothing to worry about. 

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
Congrats, mrbigmoobs!  ;D The day will be here before you know it.

I second Showtime620's suggestions, especially about the moistened wipes. I used Cottonelle my self.

I took my pain killers about an hour after I got home but that's because I didn't want the pain to get out of hand. And I took the maximum about 2-3 more times, which was two pills every 6-hours, and then I only took 1 pill if I thought I needed it, which was probably on day 3 or 4, but after that I just switched to Extra-Strength Tylenol.

Don't worry about the first few days, you'll probably sleep most of the first day and just take it easy on days 2 & 3.

As far as wiping your butt, I didn't have drains but I still found it just a little hard to reach back there but it wasn't too bad. I didn't really have any pain but I found that my range of motion wasn't as it was. I was also swollen under my arms so that, coupled with my compression vest, contributed to the difficulty in wiping myself (but it wasn't so bad I couldn't do it).

Check out my thread (if you haven't already) that I posted called "TIPS & Stuff To Have For Surgery Day!" that way you can be as prepared as possible on the day of, and when you come home, because you really don't want to be doing too much for the first couple of days.

I also periodically check back here, I'm in week 7 of recovery, and if you have any questions let me know. Showtime620 was really encouraging to me before and after surgery, so you are among friends here. Good luck and keep us posted.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024