Author Topic: 2 days post op...please help?  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Dane

• Posting Member
Would appreciate input from any knowledgable doctors who can help.

Had gland removal + lipo under general two days ago. I have been taking anti-inflammatories, painkillers and antibiotics as prescribed. Ihave also been wearing my compression garment nice and snug without removal. Here are my drainage measurements for the last several hours:

24/07, 9pm - (30ml) Post Op
25/07, 3:30am - (30ml) Had trouble sleeping due to having to be on back + drains
25/07, 11am - (18ml)
25/07, 3:20pm - (10ml)
25/07, 7:15pm - (15ml)
25/07, 10:35pm - (10ml) At this point my drains were beginning to come loose on my right side with lots of external bleeding down my right side. I readjusted my vest, pushed my drains in and applied lots of bandages.
26/07, 5:25am - (24ml)

I phoned my PS last night and he said he will check it out today at 1:15pm. Is this amount of drainage typical? And the tube falling out part, what to make of that? I obviously want these irritating drains out asap but would appreciate any input on what to do.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It's very difficult to comment on the information you've provided without knowing details of the surgery and so on.  For one, I almost never use drains, and when I did, I removed them the day after surgery.  The amounts that you're describing are not excessive, but your surgeon is the best judge, and he will know when it's time to take them out according to his routine.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com