Author Topic: Maximum curls?  (Read 2337 times)

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
What is the max everyone can curl? I do reps at 40 pounds and max out at 65pounds. I want to increase and make my reps 65 and my max 80 pounds. But, have hit a plateau? I do curls everyday and workout my entire arms and body on my totalgym. Any secrets to increasing bicept and tricept strength. Hopefully after my gyne surgery I can also start working out my pecs again as my gyne is painful so its stopped my chest workouts for 3 years. I just feel a bit weak with my curling reps being 40pounds. Any tips/suggestions. Once I get my gyne taken care of I hope to go back to powerlifting.

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
I do curls everyday and workout my entire arms and body on my totalgym.

There is your problem, you do them everyday....  The body grows OUTSIDE the gym.  I'm sure you have heard that before.  Don't workout everyday, workout everyother day giving yourself atleast 48 hours rest.  I still see gains and I only hit specific parts of my body only once a week.  Switch your routine around, that's probably what is making you stay at that plateau.  Oh and btw I only curl 80 for reps but that's only because I added them into my routine about a month ago.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 10:17:44 AM by KryptoKnight »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024