Author Topic: Doctor checking penis during examination?  (Read 3963 times)

Offline 732mni

Hello - I had successful gynecomastia surgery several years ago, but one thing about the whole experience has kept bugging me all these years.

I went to three seperate surgeons before deciding on who the go with. One of the surgeons that inspected me (not the one I chose) was very odd/creepy. He was an older man (60's) with a private practice. He displayed a somewhat arrogant/confrontational demeanor. During the exam, he told me to drop my pants and proceeded to inspect my penis. At the time, I figured he was the doctor and he did it for medical reasons, but since then I've wondered. The other two exams/consultations went normal, so this experience really struck out.

I'd like to get physician feedback as to whether there was a reasonable medical reason for checking my penis. Or whether he just did it for his own 'personal reasons'. I don't remember his name, and doubt that he is still practicing. But I'd just like some closure regarding what I experienced.

Thank you.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
The surgeon may have been doing a testicular exam to rule out a testicular tumor, which can be a source of hormonal imbalance that could lead to gynecomastia.  This would be an appropriate exam, especially depending on the history of your condition.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery