Author Topic: Training  (Read 2058 times)

Offline ABC

• Posting Member
Since I can't reply to the topic about bench press (url=ht tps://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/38/bench-press-26230/), I'll ask here. Dr. Rick Silverman said that he allows weight training after 2 weeks, excluding chest workout. How about pull-ups/chin-ups, that don't target chest, but stretch them? What do you suggest for the first post-op month of training?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I allow resistance training after two weeks, but I instruct my patients to avoid over-head maneuvers the first week of training and introduce them slowly during the following week, with very light weights (so NOT body-weight) and very controlled.  Your body will tell you that you don't want to put your hands over your heads and do heavy work--it doesn't feel good during the early post-operative period.  I am very specific with my patients in telling them how to approach training after surgery.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline ABC

• Posting Member
So, basically, first weeks of training should contain light legs and arms workouts, and after that light back and shoulder training (for example week 3 of training). Any more advice? Thank You.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
If it hurts, don't do it.

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024