Author Topic: endocrinologist  (Read 1955 times)

Offline gray

• Posting Member
How do you begin to find an endocrinologist with experience in gynecomastia? Have found 3 plastic surgeons in Birmingham who appear to have experience with the surgery. Trying to find an endow is proving more difficult. Any tips?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I'm not sure there is such a thing.  It seems to me that most endocrinologists I've worked with over the years are experts in diabetes and thyroid disease, but don't deal much with sex hormones in boys or men.  That's the sort of endocrinologist you want, thus the "Male anti-aging expert.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline gray

• Posting Member
I currently use androgel and want to make sure my estrogen levels are ok. Would be a bummer to have surgery only to watch the condition return. Should I just check with my gp?  He prescribed the androgel. Probably not looking at surgery for several months. Or should I check with the plastic surgeon I select?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
You should do this with your GP, not your plastic surgeon.  Your GP should check testosterone level, DHT and estradiol at a minimum, and if you require an anti-estrogen, he can prescribe that.  You also want to check the levels to be sure that your in a normal range and not high or low.

RS

Offline gray

• Posting Member
Thank you for thehelp. My next appointment With my gp is next week and I will make sure of my levels

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024