Author Topic: Had incision only,Please help me Docs!!!!!  (Read 1648 times)

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
I had surgery 7 months ago which was incision only NO lipo,my nipples are still puffy and when I went to ask my surgeon about it he didnt understand why they still were slightly puffy. He felt around the nipple area and there was none to minimal gland left to stop sunken nipples. When I feel the area I feel no evidence of a big portion of gland also when I flex my chest seems flatter,but once I stop flexing my nipple area is back to poking out. My questions to the Docs is do you think by not doing the lipo that it will cause an empty space in that area were the gland was and just stay that way? What are your opinions on this matter. Thanks for your time.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 01:53:29 AM by cduub »

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It's difficult to comment on your result without seeing the pre- and current post-op appearance.  There are occasional patients where liposuction might not be necessary, but as a contouring tool, even when the problem is primarily puffy nipples, it helps smooth the transition around the excised area.  The skin of the nipple has some memory, and perhaps it's still puffy looking even without the tissue behind it, but again, that's difficult to comment on without seeing or examining you.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery