Author Topic: What do you guys think about the results of Dr. Revis from South Florida?  (Read 3989 times)

Offline letsfixthis

• Silver Member

These pictures are kind of small but does it look like he does good work from what you see?

southfloridaplasticsurgery.com/procedures/male-breast-reduction.html

Thanks

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
This guy seems pretty good,I wish I found him before I went to the insensitive surgeon I have now :(

Offline letsfixthis

• Silver Member
This guy seems pretty good,I wish I found him before I went to the insensitive surgeon I have now :(

Can you please tell me the insensitive surgeon you went to so I can add him to my black list of doctors to avoid at all cost? Thanks !!!

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
His name is Dr. Vazquez at Bayshore Drive in Coconut Grove. I wouldnt send my worst enemy to this guy for any surgery.When I complained about the results he told me I should consider loosing weight to make it look better,may I mind you im 5'11 187 lbs and work out 4-5 days a week.Ive seen guys twice or three times my size with no gyno. Weight lost doesnt solve it, it just hides it better. Im going to bit the bullet instead of going to him for revision and invest more money into his poor practices I think ill just go to a more experienced surgeon and let it be a lesson learned :(

Offline HellandBack

• Bronze Member
His name is Dr. Vazquez at Bayshore Drive in Coconut Grove. I wouldnt send my worst enemy to this guy for any surgery.When I complained about the results he told me I should consider loosing weight to make it look better,may I mind you im 5'11 187 lbs and work out 4-5 days a week.Ive seen guys twice or three times my size with no gyno. Weight lost doesnt solve it, it just hides it better. Im going to bit the bullet instead of going to him for revision and invest more money into his poor practices I think ill just go to a more experienced surgeon and let it be a lesson learned :(
Dang he wants to be paid a second time? This is another fear of mine, to be unhappy with results and get pushed to the wayside

Offline letsfixthis

• Silver Member

Is he at least offering the revision at a reduced cost? Seems that he is getting rewarded for messing up.

I don't even see gynecomastia as a listed procedure he does on his website, could this have been his first time performing the surgery?

His medical school is listed as "  Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara, Facultad De Medicina" which I think is located in Mexico.
The medical schools in foreign countries do not have the same standards as medical schools in the US. I have see tv documentary of doctor who maimed a bunch of people only to find out that he were practicing medicine without a medical license. I chalk it up to fact that they were not a real doctor however was shocked to find out that after later investigation, the surgeon had actually medical degree from a south American country. This is a very disheartening fact. I am not saying that this is what this guy is doing only that there is an obvious difference between the US medical school and a medical degree from other countries.

He said that he is " a board certified plastic surgeon" but does not specify which board he belongs to. As I learned on another post in this forum, this is a commonly used trick for try to " validate" doctors without actually belonging to the American board of plastic surgery( which takes years of training and passing various test)

I don't think I would trust his guy with my wallet in a police station.

Do you know if he removed gland and lipo or only did lipo? There are many plastic surgeons who will only do lipo and are uncomfortable with gland removal. This is a complicated procedure but some surgeons( especially inexperienced ones) will act like its just another lipo treatment when in reality, it is much more complicated.

Unless this guy is offering to do the revision for free, I don't think you should reward him for messing up on the surgery. 5'11 and 187 is normal not overweight, sounds like he is making up excuses for lazy lipo or not removing the gland.

Maybe you should check out Dr. Revis. I am seriously considering him and would love to hear what you think of him. The only information I have to go by is what I find on the internet but he seems to have a lot going for him.

Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery, 2011 Patients' Choice Award: 2011, Named among "America's Top Surgeons" "Best Plastic Surgeon" and "Best Physician" in Fort Lauderdale, seems to have some experience with gynecomastia corrective suergery, results look good from what I can see( kind of wish he had larger pictures of his website). He is able to work with local+twilight sedation vs General Anesthesia. This is must safer for the patient then going under general anesthesia.( I think he allows you to make the choice of what options works best for you)

I still do not know if he is the best yet since I am still in the early stages of research but I would much rather go to him than Dr. Dr. Vazquez.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 02:19:19 AM by letsfixthis »

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
Hey Mate thanks so much for the insite!! My gut and mind tells me to go with Dr. Revis instead of revision with this guy. He is only charging me facility cost for revision which is more than half of what I paid for the first surgery so Im quite sure he pockets something. I had a consultation with Dr. Revis a few days ago and he and his staff are very nice nothing like what I went through. His photos are also very impressive,he took one look at me and told me I still have gland just by looking at first, than he did his normal inspection to determine that the right amount of gland was not taken out. He also said by him not doing lipo was a real big mistake because its very important for contour and smoothness "like raking grass" he quotes. Price 5k for everything,now I gotta figure out a way to come up with the money,that last surgeon I worked so hard with OT at work just to not be satisfied is a downer. Lesson learned and hope others learn from this,I dont know what Im gonna do,but I cant continue life with this condition for another year so I have no choice but to figure something out. My social life is screwed because of this condition,im on edge,sometimes depressed,unmotivated unless I watch Rocky IV,and its taken away the person that I really am,even friends that know me wonder what happened to me but little do they know this condition changes your quality of life.

Offline letsfixthis

• Silver Member
I am very glad that you had a positive experience with Dr. Revis and that he really seemed to understand the gynecomastia problem and how to correct it. Did he seem very confident in his ability to correct the gynecomastia?

I only know what I read of the computer and websites but since you actually got to meet Dr. Revis, could you tell me if you gain any information that is not on the website?

For example, did he indicate his surgical methods/technique for correcting Gynecomastia? For example, 2 of the top doctors on this form Dr.Jacobs and Dr.Bermant had radically different/opposite methods for correcting the gynecomastia. I am curious on what method Dr. Revis uses. I wondering if he does the liposuction uses the same incision for the gland removal(like Dr. Bermant) or if the liposuction is done from a separate incision(like Dr.Jacobs)?

Also, the pictures on his website look very good however the picture are so small I can't really see it in good detail. Did you get an opportunity to look at normal size pictures of before and after?
Did you notice were the scars were located or how they looked like?  

The office staff looked to be genuinely nice, friendly and professional( rare in South Florida) from what I can see on the website.

It seems that Dr. Vazquez does not understand how to properly correcting gynecomastia and lacks the training of doctors like Dr. Jacobs or Dr. Revis. He did not do any Lipo and seem to have not know how to remove the gland properly, then to make matters worse, he makes excuses for his mistake by telling you that its somehow your fault. I would not trust someone like that.

I know Dr. Revis went to Duke University(ivy league) for undergraduate and has the AMA-recognized board memberships like Dr. Jacobs. I guess there are a lot of factors to consider but I guess what it really comes down to trusting your instincts and the actual end results you achieve.

When it comes to surgery, its really something you want to get the absolutely best doctor even if it cost you extra because it will stick with you the rest of your life.

Do you think you will end up going to Dr. Revis? If so, please let me know. I may hinge my decision on what you tell me.

Thanks for your help.

P.S. I see pictures on Dr. Revis before & after that seem to both Tumescent liposuction( Traditional liposuction) as well as ultrasonic lipo. Different patient pictures have listed 2 different techniques. You may want to express concerns about the ultrasonic and ask if you have the option of doing traditional? I wonder why half the people show one method and the other half show a different method. Usually, doctors either use one method or the other but not both. 

Hey Mate thanks so much for the insite!! My gut and mind tells me to go with Dr. Revis instead of revision with this guy. He is only charging me facility cost for revision which is more than half of what I paid for the first surgery so Im quite sure he pockets something. I had a consultation with Dr. Revis a few days ago and he and his staff are very nice nothing like what I went through. His photos are also very impressive,he took one look at me and told me I still have gland just by looking at first, than he did his normal inspection to determine that the right amount of gland was not taken out. He also said by him not doing lipo was a real big mistake because its very important for contour and smoothness "like raking grass" he quotes. Price 5k for everything,now I gotta figure out a way to come up with the money,that last surgeon I worked so hard with OT at work just to not be satisfied is a downer. Lesson learned and hope others learn from this,I dont know what Im gonna do,but I cant continue life with this condition for another year so I have no choice but to figure something out. My social life is screwed because of this condition,im on edge,sometimes depressed,unmotivated unless I watch Rocky IV,and its taken away the person that I really am,even friends that know me wonder what happened to me but little do they know this condition changes your quality of life.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 08:17:59 PM by letsfixthis »

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
I sent him an email about the details on what he would do as far the the methods. Im assuming i'll get a reply by friday because of the thanksgiving holiday.Once he tells me i'll forward the comments to you. For some reason I think the ultra lipo leaves a flatter contour from the pics what do you think?

Offline TheProject

• Posting Member
Glad your making this list LetsFixThis. I was surprised how limited the options are in South Florida. Being such a superficial place I would think plastic surgery would be as simple as locating a Star Bucks or something.

cduub,
Sorry to hear about your experience. I came across your doctor and Dr. Revis when I was researching my options. If I remember correctly, Dr. Vazquez's office seemed so disorganized that I hung up mid phone call (could be wrong but his name and location seems very familiar). After seeing the link for Dr. Revis, I recall contacting his office as well. As both of you stated, Dr. Revis office was nice and friendly. Had I not gone with Dr. Pope, I would have most likely gone with Dr. Revis. If your still looking at your options I would suggest give Lisa at Dr. Pope's office a call and speak to her before making a decision.

Best of luck and keep us updated

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
What did Dr. Pope charge you for your surgery? Because Orlando is like three hours from me but Dr. Revis is about an hour. I need to know what my goal as far as cost will be. Man im hoping to apply and get a loan at my credit union but im so nervous to get declined,it just seems like my life is in there hands for the loan,if not I have to work my azz off to save smh....

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024