Author Topic: puffy nipples 5 months post op.  (Read 2591 times)

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
my puffy nipples are really bothering me, they stick out through shirt and even without a shirt, chest looks amazing when its cold and nipples looks amazing as well, but that's just sometimes when its cold.

i had gland removal only.

i went to my surgeon last week, and he checked my breast and told me there isnt any scar tissue and there really isnt any more he can cut off since than the chest would look weird.

im a bit on the chubby side, he told me to lose about 20 pounds and my nipples would be normal, but i have a hard time believing that because the nipples are puffy, i dont think fat loss has anything to do with nipples being puffy.

plz help!.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It's difficult to say definitively without examining you in person, but you may have residual gland present, and I would have also used some liposuction for contouring.  Your chest would look better if you were leaner, but that might actually make the nipple prominence look worse.  Again, physical examination would be helpful.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
I went to my PS just last week, he told me to lose 20 pounds and my nipples would look normal again, he felt for gland and said there's nothing to remove and that if he removed more than my chest would look weird.

I got my surgery covered by him, so the chance of moving on to another PS is not really an option.

So what would you recommend? Should I visit him again and ask for gland removal (I don't know what do to since me asking him to do a specific surgery just screams awkwardness).

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I am assuming the photos are after surgery. It appears there is some residual tissue either gland ,fat or most likely both. As far as the interaction with your surgeon you need to discuss your concerns in a non confrontation way. Be objective, and if you are not satisfied you should get a second opinion.Good luck!
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
I went to my PS just last week, he told me to lose 20 pounds and my nipples would look normal again, he felt for gland and said there's nothing to remove and that if he removed more than my chest would look weird.

I got my surgery covered by him, so the chance of moving on to another PS is not really an option.

So what would you recommend? Should I visit him again and ask for gland removal (I don't know what do to since me asking him to do a specific surgery just screams awkwardness).

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024