Author Topic: surgery finally.  (Read 2878 times)

Offline buckeye

Hello all,
        I would like to say thank you to all that post on this site. I have been a long time lurker,and find peace in knowing others have the same feelings as I do. That not everyone can just live with it and forget what others think. And to those of you that can,I have deep respect for you.
    Being 49yrs old and living with moobs for over 35yrs,I am finally able to do something about it. I wish I could of done something sooner, but family and responsibility's always came first.
        When I told my wife I wanted to do something about it, she looked puzzled and asked why. You look fine to me,she says (now I know how I've stayed married for 24yrs)! I was in touch with a few board certified plastic surgeons, and I feel all of them would of done a good job. But the one I felt would do the best for me was Dr.Jacobs in NYC. So I have the surgery booked for March 5th. I understand the elasticity of my skin is not as great as it was 30yrs ago. But if it could look similar to the way it is when getting out of the shower to a cold room I would be happy (shape wise) and a little smaller.
        I try to keep a realistic view of what can be done, anything past that I would be ecstatic. I will post pre and post op pictures.
       Again I would like to say thank you to all that post here. I'm sure many,many people read your post and never post them selves. But it helps them to deal with this in different ways.     

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
March of last year at age 47. You will do well. You got a good Doc.

hammer

God bless a good woman! What would we do without them?

Good luck with your surgery!

Bob

Offline buckeye

Thanks to both of you.
     I don't know if I would of went thru with it, if it hadn't been for others posting with stories and outcomes. As I REALLY don't like shots, needles,etc..
    But the hope and dream of having a flatter, smaller size chest is worth it to me.
I'm excited now, but I know it will turn more towards fear as it gets close. But I will do it, and be so happy I did when it's over.   

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024