Author Topic: Just Fat or Gynecomastia?  (Read 1564 times)

Offline JJamesville

When I went for my freshmen high school physical the doctor pointed out that I have Pectus excavatum which is a caved in chest, and also that I was developing breasts, which should go away after time. I'm currently in my 20s and since having grown up I also got pretty big. I have a fair amount of natural pectoral muscle, this with the caved in chest and the being fat I'm wandering if I have Gynecomastia or not.

I'm wandering if I loose 60 or so pounds (10 down after this picture took) will I look normal or will I have a slender frame with still heaving breasts. I'd like to know if I should start looking into medical options, should the weight successfully come off  

Offline JJamesville

Yeah I don't know either

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You have acknowledged that you are overweight -- and the photos reveal enlarged breasts and abdomen.  So first thing on your agenda should be to lose as much weight as you feel comfortable -- and then remain stable at that new weight.  Along the way, exercise, both cardio and weight training are essential.  You will definitely see an improvement in your body -- but the breasts will probably never disappear.  Surgery might be an option down the road.

The presence of your pectus excavatum is unfortunate because it actually accentuates the cleavage between your breasts -- but there is nothing that can be done for it unless it is extremely severe -- it is just an incidental finding.

Good luck and keep in touch with the forum!

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024