Author Topic: 1 Year Post Op  (Read 1848 times)

Offline Brockster

Dr's,
I had the surgery almost 1 year ago and haven't been all that happy with my results.  During my initial meeting with my Dr. he performed the pinch test around the nipple area and said it was both tissue and fat. During my surgery he removed breast tissue through incision and fat with Lipo. 

Now when I do the pinch test, I don't feel any tissue but it seems like there is still a good amount of fat around the nipple area. I do the pinch test with 1 finger about a half inch above the nipple and the other finger a half in below the nipple.

My question is, based on your surgical techniques (1 year post op) should you still be able to pinch an ample amount of fat around the nipple? Is there a reason to leave much fat around the nipple area? I know this may be hard to answer without a photo, but I would appreciate any responses based on your experience.  I know I will need a revision and I really don't want to go back to my first surgeon.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I would recommend you provide a photo.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Agree with Dr. Pensler:  post a photo. It's impossible to comment, since what is left behind is in part dependent on your overall body fat.  More tissue needs to be left behind in patients who are fatter, so that the chest looks like it belongs, whereas in leaner individuals, less fatty tissue is left behind. 

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery