Author Topic: puffy/large nipples  (Read 2284 times)

Offline dudedude29

• Posting Member
Is it possible to permanently remove puffiness, and decrease size of nipples (by half?)?  See photo.  Otherwise happy with chest/body.  Thanks.

Offline dudedude29

• Posting Member
If it helps:  I am 5'11, 170 pounds. 30 years old.

Thanks for your time, doctors.  Much appreciated.
pj

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
A properly executed resection of your gynecomastia should eliminate your puffy nipples, and the size of the areola will be smaller in the process.  It's possible that the areola might be bigger than you like once that's done, but if that's the case, that could be addressed at a later point with local anesthesia.  In most cases, the areola shrinks adequately, and the procedure to reduce the size is safer as a secondary procedure anyway.  Plus if you can avoid the scar and the expense, it's worth the wait.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline dudedude29

• Posting Member
Very helpful, thank you.  I've been searching for "before and after" photos of nipple ONLY surgery on men and have been struggling to find anything.  Have you performed this surgery?  Do you know where I can find some success stories?

Also, does your office accept patients from out of town?  If so, I may be interested in contacting your office for a consultation.

Thanks again ans best.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Surgery for "puffy nipples" is rarely "nipple ONLY surgery."  The procedure involves removal of the tissue directly under the nipple but requires contouring with liposuction to provide a smooth, even result afterwards.  There are many such examples on this forum, I'm sure, and I have treated many such patients. 

It is possible to arrange for surgery for out-of-town patients without too much difficulty.  You can e-mail me directly for additional information.

RS

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Agree with Dr. Silverman -- puffy nipples rarely exist alone -- they are frequently accompanied by some degree of excess tissue spread across the entire chest.

When properly performed, surgery for puffy nipples should result in a more contoured chest, nipples which lie flush with the surrounding skin, and a diameter which should diminish by about 15% or more.  And you should awaken from surgery with these results visible to you.

I have an entire section on my photo gallery devoted to various types of puffy nipples.  To view, just go to my website (listed below) and check out the photo gallery.

Whatever you do, make sure you go to an experienced gyne surgeon for this surgery.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline dudedude29

• Posting Member
Very helpful.  Thank you very much for your time.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024