Author Topic: Post-consultation -- surgery method, price and decision  (Read 2140 times)

Offline anon111

• Posting Member
Hello,

I received a consultation from a plastic surgeon in Utah about my gynecomastia.

He suggested that given the mild state of my condition (i.e., the small size and softness of the tissue), I'm eligible for a less invasive procedure. He described it as a series of small incisions for lipo and then arthroscopy (for tissue too tough for lipo). We looked at the published material in an academic/medical journal on this approach online.

What are the advantages and disadvantages to this approach?

Also, I was quoted a price of $3200 for the procedure, which should last about one hour. Recovery time is a few weeks, during which I'll should avoid exercising vigorously or lifting heavy weights. I'll need to use a compression bandage and there's a risk of hematoma and a crater, although he says if the nipple forms a divot, it can be restored by taking fat from another part of my body.

For someone living in the western US, does this sound like a fair price? Are there other risks I'm overlooking?

Anything else I should consider before I make the decision to proceed with the surgery? The doctor was a referral from a trusted family friend.

Look forward to your comments.

Thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024