Author Topic: 5 Years Post Op Question  (Read 1785 times)

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
I had my operation about 5 years ago with a supporting doctor. Things went well.  I did follow ups for a year, then was deployed overseas and just never thought or had the opportunity to return to the doctor.

My nipples/areola hurt like crazy when pressure is applied.  Its been that way ever since the operation. I just assumed "it is what it is."  Now, I'm curious as to what the medical reason for this could be?  Things look pretty good maybe a little misshapen and you can definitely feel the scarring beneath them  (bumpy and uneven underneath).  Is this a permanent result of the operation and its invasive nature near the areola?  Also, would it be worth (or appropriate) contacting the original doctor after this length of time if additional treatment is needed?

If there is a medical procedure that could correct a few abnormalities in my nipples appearance and or reduce the plain after this amount of time would I be paying another 10k or is it common practice that revisions may be after such and absence.

I appreciate any input.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Each surgeon will have his or her own policy regarding old patients, but you should most certainly contact your original surgeon.  In my practice, most revisions can be done in an office setting under local anesthesia at a very nominal cost to cover expenses.  Similarly, some patients with lumpy scar tissue under the areola may respond to a Kenalog injection--something I don't charge my own patients for, even five years post-op.  Most of us are interested in satisfied patients with a good outcome, and when the patient isn't happy, we want to know that and address the problem.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
There are several issues in your post.I would recommend you contact your initial surgeon.There is always some scar formation after surgery.I could not decide after reading your post several times if you look good or not.Some photos might be helpful.Firmness after surgery can sometimes be treated with localized steroid injections.If the problem is residual glandular tissue steroids will not be helpful.Cost for revisions vary from surgeon to surgeon.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024