Author Topic: One month to go! Need some info x  (Read 3580 times)

Offline wezzer

• Bronze Member
  • Ain't nobody got time for dat!
Hey everyone, it's exactly one month until my operation now, and I just wanted to know a few things so I hope you guys can help me out!

1) When does Jeremy usually e-mail you with all the details about the trip and stuff?

2) How much money on average will I need for airport transfer from stanstead, taxis to and
    from the clinic, blood tests and sonogram and medications? I need a rough idea
    because I'm struggling a bit to get the last couple of hundred pounds together.

3) Where's the nearest food shop to the Ibis hotel where I can get water and things?

4) Other than my Macom vest and my laptop and toiletries etc, what should I think
    about bringing with me?

Any little bits of advice would be super appreciated

Offline CJC85

• Bronze Member

mate, didnt u read my journal? i covered everything i spent.

jeremy will email you 2 weeks before surgery, he will put a list of every cost to pay from blood tests to ultrasound to transfer.

i took 100 pound in zlotys and had 20 pound left afterwards.

i saw the ibis on the way out in the minibust, pretty sure you see some shops from the front entrance.

my log tells you everything you may want to take

Offline wezzer

• Bronze Member
Yeah, I read everyone's journal! Maybe I don't remember, I'll defo go and check it out again x

Offline Supersonic123

• Bronze Member
Hey everyone, it's exactly one month until my operation now, and I just wanted to know a few things so I hope you guys can help me out!

1) When does Jeremy usually e-mail you with all the details about the trip and stuff?

2) How much money on average will I need for airport transfer from stanstead, taxis to and
    from the clinic, blood tests and sonogram and medications? I need a rough idea
    because I'm struggling a bit to get the last couple of hundred pounds together.

3) Where's the nearest food shop to the Ibis hotel where I can get water and things?

4) Other than my Macom vest and my laptop and toiletries etc, what should I think
    about bringing with me?

Any little bits of advice would be super appreciated

4) Isn't vest included?

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
Wezzer there's a shop about 100 yards (or less) from the Ibis.  Go out the front door, turn right, cross over a road and it's there on the right hand side.  Not big but has the basics.

I have also covered in my blog the things I'd recommend taking.

Offline wezzer

• Bronze Member

4) Isn't vest included?

It is, but from what I've seen, it's quite bulky and I'm SUPER paranoid about coming back through the airport in Poland and them thinking i'm a terrorist or something, so I bought the Macom vest to wear on the plane journey home. It just puts me more at ease.

I have read nearly everyone's threads about their surgery on the Europe forum, but because the details I need are in amongst other stuff in paragraphs, it's difficult to find what I'm looking for sometimes.

Thankyou for the info about the shop Zack x

Offline difsnbo

• Posting Member
 The vest is really a binder that is wrapped around the chest for compression of the operated area. Having a vest (Macom or otherwise) is highly recommended. If I had one, I would have switched over from the binder to the vest in about 1-2 days as there was some minor bleeding that stained the binder (I didn't want to launder it when I am only in Poland for a few days.) The vest would have been much more comfortable when flying as well--I flew for about 11 hours on my return trip.
 I detailed the costs in my post. I took about 200 USD worth of zlotys  for day-to-day expenses and have about 50 USD left over. Now I have an excuse for another trip to Poland...perhaps Krakow or Warsaw next time... :)
 I suggest re-reading all the posts on this forum that deal with traveling to this clinic and making a list of some suggested items, costs, etc. Then you can decide what is important for your trip.
 The decision to have the operation was a big one for me. I obsessed over all the details 3-4 months before the actual date...it was when I received the final cost list 2 weeks before the operation date that it dawned on me that it's a reality. I was excited but still nervous. The idea of traveling to Poland was daunting and the fact I was doing it alone was even more worrisome. After some soul-searching though, I knew it was important enough for me to do it. Have faith, it will be okay. Oh, the Polish women are stunning...I know it sounds superficial but that kept me sane when I was in Szczecin... :P

Offline wezzer

• Bronze Member
LOL! Man, that's a long way to fly for surgery, are the prices in the US similiar to the UK prices then?

I'll probs change about £120 into Polish money to take with me. I'm vegetarian and obvs I can't read the labels on food and stuff so I bought 5 days worth of total meal replacement bars from Exante so that I can just eat 3 of those a day and get all of my RDA's. I'll just bring some snacks from England to eat outside of that and that'll be ok.

Offline wezzer

• Bronze Member
I just saw that you actually answered my question about the prices in your own thread a while ago, I dont know how I missed that! Thankyou for doing that, it's made it easier to budget x

Offline puffynipplesdrivemecrazy

• Bronze Member
not long to go now for you mate. I bet your excited and nervous all at the same time! Would be great to see some pics before if possible?

Also what is Dr O's policy on revision surgery and if the scar tissue builds up to much does she offer kenalog injections? I will closely follow you mate which will hopefully help me make my mind up if to pursue this or not.

Offline wezzer

• Bronze Member
From what I've heard, she offers revisions in cases of like the nipple getting a bit sunken because so much fat/gland was removed. She offers to inject fat under the nipple in those cases. I don't think she does Kenalog but Dr Karadis does for about £100 I think. Knowing that Kenalog exists makes me feel a lot better about everything, because in the case that scar tissue was a real pain after 6 months, there's a solution out there.

I'm really nervous to be in a different country on my own, that's what's freaking me out. I have zero expectations about the results of my surgery, like I haven't entertained ideas of 'omg, it's going to look amazing once it's properly healed and i'll be able to do this and this and that', like I've just learnt from experience that it's foolish to get your hopes up about most things in life. Yeah, I'll see if I can find the pics I took to sent to Dr Clark when I first booked the appointment. I'll post them in a thread when I first go over there :)

Offline CJC85

• Bronze Member
From what I've heard, she offers revisions in cases of like the nipple getting a bit sunken because so much fat/gland was removed. She offers to inject fat under the nipple in those cases. I don't think she does Kenalog but Dr Karadis does for about £100 I think. Knowing that Kenalog exists makes me feel a lot better about everything, because in the case that scar tissue was a real pain after 6 months, there's a solution out there.

I'm really nervous to be in a different country on my own, that's what's freaking me out. I have zero expectations about the results of my surgery, like I haven't entertained ideas of 'omg, it's going to look amazing once it's properly healed and i'll be able to do this and this and that', like I've just learnt from experience that it's foolish to get your hopes up about most things in life. Yeah, I'll see if I can find the pics I took to sent to Dr Clark when I first booked the appointment. I'll post them in a thread when I first go over there :)

dont be nervous mate, my scar tissue is going down now. and i actually look back on poland fondly, kinda miss it, space to myself. plus i really want some bread continental meat and cheese! and hotel atrium pizza but im back in the gym now tryna get my body back so turkey sweet potato and broccolli is about as exciting as it gets :(

Offline wezzer

• Bronze Member
Dude, dyu want a tip for that dinner?

Before you cook your turkey, poke it with a fork many times and rub some jerk seasoning into it from the world food isle in your supermarket. Rub it in good and it'll tenderise the meat aswell.
For your sweet potato, boil it then mash it then add a teaspoon of cinnamon and a dash of milk.
For your broccoli, after you've drained it from the pot, add some mustard and a tiny bit of fat free mayo and then mix it with a wooden spoon.

Trust me, I'm a good cook and it will taste amazing and only the mayo will add a tiny bit more calories but just use the lightest one you can find.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024